Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2016, 08:38   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Bavaria 50 feet Cruiser
Smile Almost Worldwide 2016-18

Write a book, your philosophies or poems. Produce a video or a picture collection. Be a painter, look at moons and stars in the night, sunrise and sunsets, dive, fish, visit many harbors and cities or be creative as you like - at the same time as we sail from Europe, Split westwards over the Atlantic Ocean to Caribbean, Pacific Ocean towards Asia and finally to Thailand.

The journey will take approx. 15 months. The journey will start from Split, Croatia around 15th. October 2016. The yacht will sail mainly by sails but is able to pursue by engine trying to keep the schedule.

The basic crew contribution on the journey will be the amount of $ 35 per. day per person depending on general boat operation expenses, various expenses, and partly your qualifications. Basis contribution is also covering: Boat insurance (Comprehensive insurance, passenger insurance, liability) boat maintenance, equipment maintenance, spare-parts, and harbor fees. Furthermore your share of supply is approx. $ 200-250 (for food, fuel and beverages etc.)

The vessel VERITAS is a 50 feet(15,43 meters) Bavaria sailing cruiser with 10 berths 5 cabins, 3 toilets and bathrooms, large pantry and salon as well as cockpit on upper deck. 3 cabins are double berths and 2 cabin are with bunk berths. The Vessel is with modern security and navigation equipment (Radar, GPS, Echo sounder, AIS, Satellite phone, navigator, Auto-pilot, etc.). The vessel is very safe and automatic. The vessel has a large engine that can provide a significant speed. The yacht is made of strong glass fiber has an TMD 22, 78 HK Volvo Penta engine and is in general well equipped. Among security equipment there is a safety raft for 10-12 persons plus a rubber dinghy with an outbound engine, fire extinguisher and Epirb. (see below for our basic equipment list). Veritas are taken care of daily by CYC-Croatia Yacht Club and they have renovated her in 2015.

It will be possible to make tours on land and it is possible to proceed on land and join the vessel later on another place. During the journey it will be possible to visit smaller and larger harbors and islands and to take a hike around when it's possible. It is not possible to predict accurate where we will go ashore and anchor, but it will be a part of the journey to harbors as often as it is possible. There will also be plentiful night sailings. On the journey we will also be concerned of all crew requirements, individually and in general.

Almost around the world:

We are sailing from Split around the 15th. October 2016.

Leg 1: Leaving 15th. Of Oct. 2016: Veritas leaves from Split sails through the Mediterranean visiting Sicily, Malta, Sardinia, Corsica, North Africa, Spain, Ceuta, Gibraltar. Approx. 1,5 month.

Leg 2: Dec. 2016: Leaving Gibraltar towards Casablanca, Grand Canaries islands, West Africa, Mauritania to Cap Verde with Atlantic crossing to Barbados. Approx. 2 months.

Leg 3: February 2017: Around Caribbean visiting, Saint Vincent, Saint Lucia, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Antigua, St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix and towards Panama City through the canal. Approx. 3 months.

Leg 4: April 2017: Panama City into Pacific to the Archipelago de las Perlas, Isla De Malpelo,(Columbia), Ecuador, Galapagos, Marquesas, Tahiti approx. 3 months.

Leg 4a: July 2017: Tahiti, Bora Bora, Cook, Niue, Tonga, or Neiafu, Fiji etc. and to New Caledonia, Great Barrier Reef and Australia. Approx 3 months.

Leg 5: Nov/Dec. 2017: New Caledonia, Great Barrier Reef, Australian, Solomon islands and the many islands around Coral Sea. Then Torres strait/Papua New Guinea, Indonesian Sea, Celebes, Flores, Lombok, Bali, Java, Borneo, Sumatra to Phuket Thailand expected arrival Jan-mar 2018 Approx. 3 months.
All Places are in suggestion and times are approx.

Welcome onboard!

Kind regards

Peter Leif Tronborg Petersen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Old 25-05-2016, 05:37   #2

Re: Almost Worldwide 2016-18

Hi Peter,

Are you looking for someone with experience or no need? My experience is only with Hobie Cat. I enjoy it.

Have you found your crew? How many members do you need?

The $ 200-250 (for food, fuel and beverages etc.), is this cost monthly, weekly....?

My calculation, 16 months, will cost around 17K, minor the food, fuel, and drink. Is this fair to say?

Cheers

Old 25-05-2016, 18:38   #3

Hi Peter,

I just want to give you my contact: tmhavana@gmail.com

The other thing is, I am a old timer means, I will stick around for the whole trip till the end.

Write to me and i will pass my resume.

Thanks
Old 26-05-2016, 00:22   #4
Marine Service Provider

Dear Tmhavana,

I have only avaible berth on leg 5.

Best,

Peter
Old 26-05-2016, 07:18   #5

Thanks Peter, I appreciate your reply.

I will be in Panama in April, so let me know if someone drops out from Leg 4, in this case i can go till the end with you.

Peace,

Edu
Old 26-05-2016, 09:12   #6

Leg 4 & 4a are of interest to me if I haven't found a ship in Panama (heading to NZ) before then. I'll be in Panama in 1-2 weeks and stay there, working photography and whatever else I find in the meantime.
Old 26-05-2016, 23:06   #7

I am a pensioner with great taste of the sea and so much time available. I spent most of life Among the ships having had a business selling and repairing electrical apparatus on board. My duties on board could be: 1st mate or cook. Languages: Italian German English and a little bit of Portuguese.Have no problems about time or distance.I participated in fishing research in canada europe and Indian Ocean with innovative systems.Have a driver's license without limits for sail and motor. long trip experience with motor boat, not much with sailboat, last sail trip from Venezuela to Panama.Thanks For furtherer info please contact me :subani@hotmail.it Rgds
Old 26-05-2016, 23:37   #8
Marine Service Provider

Dear Subivo,

Please read conditions on GASTER TIL YACHTEN S/Y VERITAS P? VERDENSOMSEJLING 2016-18/CREW FOR S/Y VERITAS CRUSING WORLDWIDE 2016-18.

Best,

Peter
Old 03-06-2016, 18:31   #9

Hi Peter,

Family of 4 looking to crew, Are you still searching?

Let us know cheers,
Andy
Old 04-06-2016, 06:57   #10

hi, am interested to partecipate to this long around trio. Please need more information and details of trio.at moment am in turky bat for next month am back in Italy Trieste. Remain thank & rgds
Ivo
Old 04-06-2016, 07:00   #11

hi, am interested to partecipate to this long around tripb. Please need more information and details of trip.at moment am in turkey bat for next month am back in Italy Trieste. Remain thank & rgds
Ivo
Old 04-06-2016, 07:21   #12

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

My friend only charges $10 per day on his 50ft boat and already completed one lap around the world.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:33   #13

Hi Peter, thk for info. Am ready.......remain at disposal. Rgds Ivo
Old 07-06-2016, 09:49   #14

Yes. I have some time . please send me more info.
Mike
805-674-1830