Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2007, 09:23   #1

Boat: Canadian Northern 35--Misty
Tinker Traveller/sail/liferaft

This is an unusual find. If you are not familiar with the English made Tinker inflatables, go to traveller boats from henshaw Ltd
and check them out. Hand built in England, best and one of the most expensive inflatables available. There unique hull shape makes them a truly rowable and and outstanding sailing dinghy Fatty Knees Sailing Dinghy Pram Skiff built by Edey and Duff Ltd.. It also is a canopied self-inflating life raft.

I have been familar with them for years but they were simply out of my price range. Last year I stumbled onto this one that was advertised outside of the sailing community and snapped it up. It was originally purchased by a boat dealer who wanted to offer them. It sat in his store for several years without being sold. He made a great deal to a powerboat guy who couldn't resist such a bargain. He put it in the water one time and then put it in his garage. He got very sick and had a friend try to sell it for him and that is how I found it. Other than dirt on the hose that hooks up to the foot pump--it could not be distinguished from one that is brand new. He spread it in his yard and took extensive photos before packing it up for me. It is yellow with blue sails and the entire rig is new--never used. It showed no signs of being out in the sun or anything else. When he shipped it to me he did an extraordinary job of packaging so that it could go UPS and not risk any damage and I have not broken any of the packing tape/seals. I have to sell my sailboat and am selling this separate. I need $3,500 to get my money back. Bob at casasbybob dot com or you can call at 505-412-1883. Located in Northern New Mexico.