Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2023, 09:49   #1

Boat: 2020 Fountain Pajot Lucia 40
Istec Parasailor for Lucia 40

I am looking at a 156 m2 Istec Parasailor (used) for my Lucia 40. Does anyone know if this will overpower my boat or not..Istec recommends a 136 m2 for the Lucia. Any thoughts would be Greatly Appreciated.
SYNautiDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2023, 15:14   #2

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Istec Parasailor for Lucia 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYNautiDog View Post
I am looking at a 156 m2 Istec Parasailor (used) for my Lucia 40. Does anyone know if this will overpower my boat or not..Istec recommends a 136 m2 for the Lucia. Any thoughts would be Greatly Appreciated.
Did you look if it fits from the mast height? 20sqm more normally means 2m more height.

It will help in light wind but you will reach earlier the upper end means yo most likely can fly it till approx 15kn max. What does istec say to 156sqm?
I have 110sqm for the much lighter Lavezzi.
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2023, 17:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
Did you look if it fits from the mast height? 20sqm more normally means 2m more height.

It will help in light wind but you will reach earlier the upper end means yo most likely can fly it till approx 15kn max. What does istec say to 156sqm?
I have 110sqm for the much lighter Lavezzi.

I have not asked Istec about a larger parasailor than the 136m2 that they recommend for it. It may be a mute point someone here on this forum said they had a new one but when asked for pics etc no reply. They have been on the forum for a couple of years but no posts no info kinda nothing, so am a little leary of them. My mast is 63.4' air draft but I'm not sure what the actual mast height is. Does anyone know? can't find it on any specs anywhere. 2m more height huh, that's pretty substantial. Thank you. I will reach out to Istec and see what their thoughts are. Good info.
Old 20-10-2023, 03:54   #4

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYNautiDog View Post
I have not asked Istec about a larger parasailor than the 136m2 that they recommend for it. It may be a mute point someone here on this forum said they had a new one but when asked for pics etc no reply. They have been on the forum for a couple of years but no posts no info kinda nothing, so am a little leary of them. My mast is 63.4' air draft but I'm not sure what the actual mast height is. Does anyone know? can't find it on any specs anywhere. 2m more height huh, that's pretty substantial. Thank you. I will reach out to Istec and see what their thoughts are. Good info.
I have one on the opposite pontoon, it should be about 18m. The boat next to it i know has 17m and its a tiny bit taller.
Sqm is easy to figure: beam is 7m and parasailor is a bit wider lets say 9m then it must be 2m higher for 20sqm more. Maybe it gets then 50cm more wide but thats about what you can expect.
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2023, 09:27   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
I have one on the opposite pontoon, it should be about 18m. The boat next to it i know has 17m and its a tiny bit taller.
Sqm is easy to figure: beam is 7m and parasailor is a bit wider lets say 9m then it must be 2m higher for 20sqm more. Maybe it gets then 50cm more wide but thats about what you can expect.

Thank you.

Tags
asa, sail