Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 18:20   #1
DtM

In General

After a fruitless half an hour !!! I am happy to email these photos to someone that can then upload them. I am a dinasaur.

daniel
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:22   #2
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
Daniel,
Hit the Post Reply button ( Not the Quick Reply) and write something in the box. then scroll down to the next box underneath, which says "Additional Options".

under Attach File, click on "Manage Attachments"

That will bring up an "Upload Files from your computer" window. Click on the first "Browse" button. Navigate your way to your photos on your computer.

Then just click on the "Upload" button. you should see the little "hourglass of eternity" icon while your picture uploads. This might take a few seconds.

Now pay attention to your screen. If your file is too big to upload, there will be an error message at the top of that Browse screen. Its not real obvious. If you get an error message, you need to reduce the size of your picture.

If you DONT get an error message, you will see the name of the file you uploaded listed down there. Then just click on the Submit Reply button at the bottom of the Additional Options box. Not the one under the message box.

That should do it. I hope.
Byron
Old 05-10-2006, 21:23   #3
DtM

I followed your instructions but the files are too big. How do I reduce them ?
Sorry I am such a dummy.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:34   #4
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
Well, hmmm. Do you have some digital photo handling software on your computer that you use to manipulate your photos? If you dont, then you probably can use whatever program your computer uses when you double click your pix to open it. If its a basic Windows setup, it will probably open your photo in "Paint". You can use that to resize your photo:

Open your picture in Paint.
Click on the "Image" in the menu,
Click on "Attributes"
Under Units, click on the unit of measurement you want to use to determine the size, its probably pixels.( if you look at the allowable file sizes on the Manage Attachments menu in the forum post it will tell you the max size you can upload.)
Type the measurements in "width" and "height"

Save your modified photo with a new file name!! This is important, because if you just use Save instead of Save As, then you will overwright your original photo with a smaller version, which will lose resolution. So give the reduced one a new name, I usually just add an A to the existing name so I know its been messed with.

Then use the other steps to insert THAT saved smaller image to your post.

That should work.
Old 17-08-2008, 12:53   #5

Boat: Alura 30
Well it is Sunday Afternoon and I just got back from the boat trying to secure it before Fay makes its way toward Tampa bay. It looks like that this time it may be our turn....we are so far right in the center of the track,though it may change. The boat is like a spider webb,lines all the way around with the dock on the starboard side and a concrete sea wall in front of me.We may get some very high tide and that worries me because there is no one to watch the boat...Luckily I have Hurricane coverage on my insurance policy. Will tell you more after the storm has gone by.
JC.
jean1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 12:58   #6

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean1146 View Post
It looks like that this time it may be our turn....
JC.
Good luck.

I don't have one now but seriously think I might anchor on a grass flat.
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 12:58   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean1146 View Post
Well it is Sunday Afternoon and I just got back from the boat trying to secure it before Fay makes its way toward Tampa bay. It looks like that this time it may be our turn....we are so far right in the center of the track,though it may change. The boat is like a spider webb,lines all the way around with the dock on the starboard side and a concrete sea wall in front of me.We may get some very high tide and that worries me because there is no one to watch the boat...Luckily I have Hurricane coverage on my insurance policy. Will tell you more after the storm has gone by.
JC.
Good luck, we donīt have that kind of hurricanes over here.... Sounds little scary. Do you have any pics...
freetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 17:29   #8
DtM

Good luck JC.
Old 18-08-2008, 10:20   #9

Boat: Mahe 36 KOKOMO
JC

We spent the morning doing the same thing. We aren't in the path as you but the storm is mostly on the east side. I can't be to carefull

Larry
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 10:37   #10

While you guys (or any other Mahe owners) are sitting at home worrying about hurricane Fay (which I hope passes you by or at least does not damage your boats) could you come up with some reports on how you are finding the performance of the Mahe as follows: in different winds and of course at different angles, with and without gennakers, different sea states etc.

Not sure if this is of any interest, but I remember sometime back on this thread there were problems with squeaking, I was ntold today by the UK FP dealer that they have overcome 95% of all squeaks, mostly coming from where the wooden joinery is touching the boat all it needed was a bit of rubbing down but also they were finding that after about 6 months of usage the squeaks disappeared, presumably whre the items rubbing together had rubbed to a natural sitting!!
ireaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 00:24   #11

Boat: Mahe 36
Hi JC & Larry

Hope all goes well

Kev & Jo

https://www.mahe36.blogspot.com
kev&jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 04:33   #12

Thank you all for the good words...It looks like one more time we dodged the bullet,we are very fortunate.
JC.
Old 19-08-2008, 11:05   #13

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
JC
You lucked out and I'm in for it. The new track takes the storm right over my marina. We have the boat secured with a similar "spider webbing" on lines and extra fenders, now we just have to wait and pray.

Scott
Scott730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 12:21   #14

Scott.
Yeah I know it is heading your way though I don't think you will get over 50MPH. this is a weird storm,we are not yet out of the woods.could go anywhere.
Well good luck to you.
Keep us inform.JC.
Old 19-08-2008, 14:55   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott730 View Post
JC
You lucked out and I'm in for it. The new track takes the storm right over my marina. We have the boat secured with a similar "spider webbing" on lines and extra fenders, now we just have to wait and pray.

Scott
What marina is it, are you safe for waves or do you have both waves and winds? What kind of mooring do you have. I donīt understand the spider webbing?
freetime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahe 36