Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2020, 09:07   #1

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
DC panel

Hi,
Can anyone support us with some informations about the DC panel on the Lavezzi 40?
We bought a second hand maestro in very good condition, but there are some of the original documentations missing.
Not a big deal, but one point is causing problems....

On the DC panel is a switch "Aux 1" (left row second from the bottom), which leads over a cable numbered "8" to the connection board and after that dissapears in the cable loom.......

When I switch "Aux 1" on, the control LED is lit and there is 12V on Cable "8" going into the loom.....but no signifant current measurable, and as of now we did not explore anything that might be connectred to this....
I do not like to have open cable ends.....so does amybody know what is usually connected to "AUX 1", or where the cable "8" ends?

Also if anybody has a wiring diagram of the DC-Panel and the connecting rail behind the chart table (or a cable list that describe which cable numbers end where), it would be very helpfull.

Any help is welcome on this,
Thanks Chris
chrisspeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:18   #2

Boat: Fontaine pajot, levezzi 40
Re: DC panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisspeth View Post
Hi,
Can anyone support us with some informations about the DC panel on the Lavezzi 40?
We bought a second hand maestro in very good condition, but there are some of the original documentations missing.

On the DC panel is a switch "Aux 1" (left row second from the bottom), which leads over a cable numbered "8" to the connection board and after that dissapears in the cable loom.......

When I switch "Aux 1" on, the control LED is lit and there is 12V on Cable "8" going into the loom.....but no signifant current measurable, and as of now we did not explore anything that might be connectred to this....
I do not like to have open cable ends.....so does amybody know what is usually connected to "AUX 1", or where the cable "8" ends?

Also if anybody has a wiring diagram of the DC-Panel and the connecting rail behind the chart table (or a cable list that describe which cable numbers end where), it would be very helpfull.

Thanks Chris
Hi my Levezzi 40 is 2007 and the switch you quote is labelled Port Bilge . The bottom 4 switches are all bilge switches (2 for port and 2 for std ie engine and hull each side. I will check next time im on board but thats as i recall.
Cheers
Pete
Even Keels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 04:22   #3

Boat: Fontaine pajot, levezzi 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisspeth View Post
Hi,

Thanks Chris
Hi my Levezzi 40 is 2007 and the switch you quote is labelled Port Bilge . The bottom 4 switches are all bilge switches (2 for port and 2 for std ie engine and hull each side. I will check next time im on board but thats as i recall.
Cheers
Pete
PS I dont think FP believe in manuals as i have a crappy, in french, you might say ‘pamphlet’ That tells precious little.
Even Keels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2020, 10:30   #4

Thanks a lot for your reply, as it looks my panel is completely differently labelled.
I will post a photo here on the forum as soon I am back on the boat

Take care and stay healthy

Chris
chrisspeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 19:11   #5

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi 40

I purchased a 2006 Lavezzi last summer. My day job is designing electrical systems for pleasure and small commercial boats.

I traced most of the wiring on my boat this fall and found on my boat that all of the wiring from the panel is connected to the terminals strips on the bulkhead immediately adjacent to the panel. I also found that not all of the circuits were used, especially the "spare" circuits. i did find that the terminal block numbering and the wire numbers on the circuit breakers matched and I followed each one hand over hand to verify. Then I used a DC ammeter and signal tracer (telecom fox and hound) to track down each circuit and relabel as required. Luckily for me there was not too much added to the base system. I did find some circuits that were wired in either directly to power (unfused) or with flying fuses. Flying fuses are OK, but should be labeled so that you know what they are when you have to troubleshoot later. Remeber to carry additional fuses in your spares kit. I fused the unfused circuits based on the wire size (remember that the fuse protects the wire and not the device) according to ABYC standards. I also regrouped some of the circuits to make them more logical and renamed the circuit breakers with a black tape with white lettering from a Brother label maker. None of this is a surprising find on a 15 year old boat and I have seen much worse. I have a positive and negative power post on the bulkhead below the main terminal block arrangement, but I do not know if this is factory installed or added on post delivery and I have not tracked down the connection point for theses two cables.
As you are tracing wiring on this boat, the primary transverse wire chase runs from the port/stbd aft cabin shelving units. While tracing out the various circuits I took the time to label the covers of the various junction boxes with what conductors were inside. Galley wiring runs behind the stove and down to the main harness at the top of the hull side to wet deck and can be accessed behind the port medicine cabinet. on the stbd side you can access the bulk of the wiring from the panel board to the main stbd harness from behind the stbd head medicine cabinet (four cabin version, I can't speak for the three cabin version). There is another main raceway under the stbd side passageway steps. If you have to go into that one it runs from the area high above the stbd head vanity to the area just inboard of the aft stbd cabin shelving unit.
Main AC cables on mine ran inboard of the wood panel in the inboard most side of the stbd aft cabin. The same area port side allows access to the port engine room.
I hope that this is a help.
KP Rick

S/V BzzzSea
KPRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 23:37   #6

Boat: 2013 Fountaine Pajot Salina 48 Evolution. Previous vessel FP. Lavezzi. Build number 78.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Keels View Post
Cheers
Pete
PS I dont think FP believe in manuals as i have a crappy, in french, you might say ‘pamphlet’ That tells precious little.
Hi. I have a 2004 Lavezzi and it came with the original workshop manual which is quite comprehensive in all diagrams and information. It is also segmented into a few different languages. I reduced the weight of the book by keeping English version on the boat and storing the others at home. The wiring diagrams show a plan view with all wiring. I'm not sure if this forum supports a picture option, but if so, I'm happy to try and scan it. I haven't looked at the manual for a couple of years but I think the electrical and water schematics are fold out ... from A4 to A3
Regards Steve
cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:10   #7

Aux could be anything... it was probably empty From factory and someone added something. Otherwise it would have had a proper name. follow the wire. Or try to figure out what turns on.
smac999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 15:45   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavitation View Post
Hi. I have a 2004 Lavezzi and it came with the original workshop manual which is quite comprehensive in all diagrams and information. It is also segmented into a few different languages. I reduced the weight of the book by keeping English version on the boat and storing the others at home. The wiring diagrams show a plan view with all wiring. I'm not sure if this forum supports a picture option, but if so, I'm happy to try and scan it. I haven't looked at the manual for a couple of years but I think the electrical and water schematics are fold out ... from A4 to A3
Regards Steve
Hi Steve,

that would be very helpful, thank you. I just bought a 2005 Lavezzi Maestro and the workshop manual is missing. As I wanna retrofit some stuff that would be very helpful.
forum provides picture option but you could also sent to my email, will sent you a pm.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote