Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2021, 10:57   #1

Connecting/joining routes

Is there a function within OpenCPN which will allowing you to join/connect routes. I have already tried exporting 2 routes, merging and rename a single route using GPS Utility. When importing the single route to OpenCPN, it ends up importing the original 2 routes.

I understand this can be accomplished with the exported files with a text editor, but that's way to complicated for me.

Years ago, it seems my Nobletec Charting Software had a function for this operation.

If no one can help or confirm this function is not available on OpenCPN I will put it in the hopper for a possible new function.
Prairie 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 12:09   #2

Boat: Kelt 8.50
Re: Connecting/joining routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie 36 View Post
Is there a function within OpenCPN which will allowing you to join/connect routes. I have already tried exporting 2 routes, merging and rename a single route using GPS Utility. When importing the single route to OpenCPN, it ends up importing the original 2 routes.

I understand this can be accomplished with the exported files with a text editor, but that's way to complicated for me.

Years ago, it seems my Nobletec Charting Software had a function for this operation.

If no one can help or confirm this function is not available on OpenCPN I will put it in the hopper for a possible new function.
I could not find it in the doc, but it can be done.

Extend your first route to the first waypoint of the second route. Then open the first route properties and click extend.

JM

P.S. I found it.

In the manual see route & marks manager
houlejm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
route