Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2024, 19:22   #1

Boat: Shannon 50 Ketch
Chart access disappeared

So, I had about a dozen chart groups set up, and dozens of charts installed, and one day I opened OCPN and they all just were not there. Routes/WPs are all still there.

Then, I thought I would delete the charts from OCPN and add them again. But, when I went to create the chart groups again, I ended up with multiple chart groups with the same name in the right-click -> Chart Group popup menu, and, no matter which one I selected, all I got was an error message saying the group was empty.

I deleted the app (on Mac OSx - just trashed it from the Applications folder) - but I knew (I hoped) that when I reinstalled the app all my routes and waypoints would still be there, and then I could just re-install the charts and chart groups again. Luckily, all my routes are present, but I can't find where the list of chart groups is located so I can delete them all and start over.

So, on Mac OS, is there an equivalent to an .INI file or something in the keychain somewhere which I could manually edit, & wipe it all out all the old charts and chart groups and then re-add them?

Thanks.
jordanbigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 20:02   #2

Boat: Shannon 50 Ketch
Re: Chart access disappeared

Hmm, I finally found the opencpn.ini file and deleted all the groups (all of which were empty). Now I am re-adding all the files and re-creating all the groups. Shrug.
jordanbigel is offline   Reply With Quote