Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2020, 09:41   #61

Boat: 44ft Knysna
Re: Bareboat charter boat collision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanan View Post
I forward to an email to Loïc Bonnet, the founder and CEO of Dream Yachts with a link to and a recommendation that he read your post to the CruisersForum and suggested that he contact you by private message to find resolution.

Don't know if the company or if Loïc Bonnet will respond.

All the best.
Please could you forward me you an email address where I can contact you privately.
Much appreciated
diver14u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2021, 07:34   #62

Boat: 2005 Beneteau 331

We sued DYC for our deposit money in small claims court locally in PA after they refused to return our deposit $$$ for a Greece charter, booked for Sept. 2020 back in October 2019.

After covid hit, we gave notice in April 2020. they unilaterally changed rules in their favor due to covid.

They played hardball, told us to go pound sand,, until we sued them. then they negotiated to make it go away. returned $6k deposit plus court fees. We lost 15 to 20 hrs of time.

We set up the Facebook group: "Dream Yacht Charters Sucks" and have no gag order in out settlement agreement.

DYC does suck and I'll never charter from them.
AdamInYardley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2021, 08:51   #63

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingharry View Post

This is much more like your neighbor's tree falling on your car. If you don't have comprehensive, you don't have coverage. His insurance won't pay, because there is no legal obligation to pay (and even the best insurance companies don't pay "just because they feel they should.")

This statement above is not true in all cases. Your neighbor's insurance policy would pay, especially if there was 1) evidence that the tree was damaged or diseased 2) the tree was hanging over into your property. Since most people do have comprehensive on their cars the auto insurance usually handles it and then tries to retrieve funds from the tree neighbor. Insurance companis (the big ones) have hundreds of people solely focused on payout recovery.
Old 18-03-2021, 10:49   #64
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamInYardley View Post
We sued DYC for our deposit money in small claims court locally in PA after they refused to return our deposit $$$ for a Greece charter, booked for Sept. 2020 back in October 2019.

After covid hit, we gave notice in April 2020. they unilaterally changed rules in their favor due to covid.

They played hardball, told us to go pound sand,, until we sued them. then they negotiated to make it go away. returned $6k deposit plus court fees. We lost 15 to 20 hrs of time.

We set up the Facebook group: "Dream Yacht Charters Sucks" and have no gag order in out settlement agreement.

DYC does suck and I'll never charter from them.

I used to have the websites www.dreamyachtchartersucks.com and www.nightmareyachtcharters.com. I am NOT on FB. But if you would like me to send you our experience with DYC (it's long and painful), please PM me and I'll send you my email address.
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2021, 17:17   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
This really surprises me. NOT. Dream Yacht, as others have said, has a reputation of playing hardball. The base manager in French Polynesia made it very clear to us when we had a problem. And we were reminded that our contract said we'd only be able to take legal action in Mauritius.

They also require anyone that settles with them to sign an agreement not to post bad reviews. We found that insulting. That along with the few hundred $$ they offered us in return for pretty much ruining our 2 week charter in FP.

So, I took the public route. Feel free to read about it, and send us your full story and I'll publish it: https://dreamyachtcharterssuck.com/
Love to hear from you

Have I got a story about DYC for you

Dan Williams
dwilliams@ipigs.net
Joy Bali 54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bareboat, boat, charter, collision