Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 19:16   #1

Missing Weather Data from WS-200

I've got an N2K bus with a Furuno WS-200 weather station (repackage of Airmar PS-200) and two Maretron DSM250 N2K displays. The Maretron displays have a "Weather" display that shows wind speed and direction, temp, barometer, etc. The WS-200 puts out wind speed, direction, temp, and Baro, so those fields are populated on the "Weather" display page.

The problem I'm having is that at initial power up of the N2K bus, which powers the WS-200 and the Maretron displays, I typically do not get the wind speed and direction on the maretron weather display page, just temp and baro. It's not always missing, but is probably 80% of the time. If I cycle power on the maretron via its power button, The missing data will typically start begin properly displayed and continue just fine from then on. Again, it doesn't recover 100% of the time, but more like 80%. Another cycle will typically do the trick.

Does anyone else have this combination of gear, and have you ever seen this? At this point I don't know if the issue is with the WS-200 or the maretron displays. I've seen cases where one display will show wind speed and direction, but the other won't, which makes me lead towards the displays being at fault.

I'm running the latest Maretron FW
twistedtree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weather