Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2023, 08:56   #1

Boat: Beneteau 343
B&G Zeus - Navionics sync???

I have a B&G Zeus 3 and just got a Navionics card. I can‘t get routes and waypoints on my Navionics iPhone app to sync. Is there some trick to this?
I was able to connect the phone to the plotter. The Navionics app shows it is connected. I activated the card. I did multiple syncs. It appears to have updated the charts. I checked the box for Transfer Routes & Markers. But none of the routes and markers are transferred.
svadagiomaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2023, 11:03   #2
SVE

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: B&G Zeus - Navionics sync???

Quote:
Originally Posted by svadagiomaine View Post
I have a B&G Zeus 3 and just got a Navionics card. I can‘t get routes and waypoints on my Navionics iPhone app to sync. Is there some trick to this?
I was able to connect the phone to the plotter. The Navionics app shows it is connected. I activated the card. I did multiple syncs. It appears to have updated the charts. I checked the box for Transfer Routes & Markers. But none of the routes and markers are transferred.
I have the same plotter and had the exact same experience you did. I found that the routes/waypoints were synced to the the Navionics chip physically in the B&G. On the B&G if you dig into the files/storage, select the Navionics card and expand it, you should see folders for Routes/Waypoints that matches what you have on your phone app. If you select them you can manually "import" into the B&G. Not exactly user friendly but it worked for me.

Maybe someone else has figured out a better way...
SVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2023, 13:02   #3

Boat: Beneteau 343
Re: B&G Zeus - Navionics sync???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVE View Post
I have the same plotter and had the exact same experience you did. I found that the routes/waypoints were synced to the the Navionics chip physically in the B&G. On the B&G if you dig into the files/storage, select the Navionics card and expand it, you should see folders for Routes/Waypoints that matches what you have on your phone app. If you select them you can manually "import" into the B&G. Not exactly user friendly but it worked for me.

Maybe someone else has figured out a better way...
Ok so it’s just like importing a gpx file manually. I can do that. It certainly isn’t elegant but whatever. Thanks for responding.
svadagiomaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 22:30   #4

Boat: Grainger Mystery Cove 1250
Exclamation Re: B&G Zeus - Navionics sync???

Hey thanks guys, sometimes things work sometimes they dont.
Getting into the navionics archives shows them all.

The zeus 3 s can hold up to 500 routes so im not sure if this applies to navionics or b & g plotters....
Watch out when using dock 2 dock as it cannot see
bridges...... eace
Bad Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
navionics