Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2021, 23:03   #1

Boat: Beneteau 38.1
Angry B&G V60B VHF/AIS broadcasting incorrect 0.7kn SOG while stationary?

Hi all,

I recently installed a B&G V60B VHF/AIS transponder with a dedicated GPS antenna and while stationary it is always broadcasting 0.7knots SOG for AIS.

I opened a case with B&G, sent in the radio, and they determined it to be defective and sent me a brand new one. The second one also exhibits this behavior. Furthermore another boat in my marina was reporting 0.7knots and I asked them if they had a v60B and sure enough they do!

The GPS signal is stable, I've tried both the internal antenna and the external antenna. Additionally the NMEA2000 data coming from the device reports correct SOG as viewed in the MFD. The SOG displayed on the unit is also constantly 00kn.

Anyone else experienced this issue and ended up with a resolution? Probably going to go back for another warranty replacement, but don't want to be installing the radio over and over again every 2-3 weeks!

Thanks,
Eric
ericloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:49   #2

Boat: Hanse 430e
Re: B&G V60B VHF/AIS broadcasting incorrect 0.7kn SOG while stationary?

Curiously I just went and looked because I also have a V60B, but with a single antenna and a splitter. My Vulcan shows my boat AIS target as 0.1 SOG.
Dogscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 13:23   #3

Boat: Beneteau 38.1

Just got off the phone with B&G again and they said they have been working on this as a high priority fix. They have seen a recent influx of calls about this issue. I assume it is caused by a bug in the more recently produced units, where the software update has not been made available to older units yet.

They advised to be on the lookout at https://downloads.bandg.com/ for updates but didn't provide an exact ETA for when it will be available. Hoping it will be available as an over the air update when the time comes.
ericloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:22   #4

Boat: Leopard 50

I'm trying to source the B&G V60-B. Where is anyone finding these to purchase?
GoodFolkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2024, 15:45   #5

Hi, I too have been having this problem with our B&G V100-B. I also raised a ticket with B&G, to which I was just told to try updating firmware. I did that but still the same. I see the original post was in 2021. It’s now 2024 and it’s still not fixed.
Gone-sailing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ais, B&G, v60-b, v60b, vhf