Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2019, 05:44   #16

Re: B&G simrad radar on 2 displays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestsailor View Post
Not only can you have the radar displayed on two different Zeus MFDs but even on one display you can have two split the screen and have two completely different radar displays. An example would be two different ranges, maybe one overlay with charts the other without or one with AIS targets the other without. The choices are virtually endless. If only we had more time to play around with all the options!
this is going to the course for certified dealer. good to publish.
FransD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:39   #17

Boat: 1975 hunter 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FransD View Post
this is going to the course for certified dealer. good to publish.
I have a hub to Simrad plotter, two lowrance plotters radar on all also have 2000 feed to compass so I have the ability to tag targets and automatically track.Also have all connected trenches 2000. Compass is garmin,,also use garmin compass to raymarine autopilot with 2000 system only draw back have to run 183 to raymarine autopilot from one display for waypoint stearing.YOU have to go into each unit and set up what you want to display,you also can make it all display from one main unit.You also can use the.unit internet to tablet with apps. Have depth temp wind speed direction hdg (compass heading) different the GPS heading.
captrick2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 18:13   #18

Boat: Jeanneau, Sun Legende 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfordharley View Post
That's a good option, and I do that TOO. That said, it's not what the poster requested. Additionally, by taking both your plotter(s) and radar and putting them on the same ethernet switch, they are always networked. In my configuration, that ethernet switch is my 'house' network. Any system I join to that network (phone, ipad etc.) can talk to the systems. OpenCPN can get the radar feed should I choose, and the phones/tablets can mirror the displays with the B&G app--All without having to spin up the plotter wifi. While B&G may close this capability some time in the future(not sure why they would, but it's not a documented access method), it works great today. Maybe a bit complex for some, but added benefit for those that want flexibility.

I'm happy to share my specifics if interested. Just PM me.
Hi,
I'm just getting B&G equipment now. Your explanation is pretty clear. The question that hugs over me is if still connect the units to the NMEA 2000 network?
Artemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radar, simrad