Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2021, 08:11   #1

Boat: Albin Vega 27 / Ericson E30
Itīs about time to go...

The last few weeks I have been travling a lot by car. Since I am not only a singlehand sailor, but also Acquatrotter and somehow a "lost Che Guevara, I had to sneak in between the lines. At least it was, what I thought.

In the very first week of this year I called up the Professor from the Cardioclinic of my hospital and requested, that I would be registered as "Priority" for vaccination. The Professor had much understanding and meant " know how eager you are to catch the wind an leave for sailing". And the very same day he registered my by the authorities. 1 week later I got my first date Jan 26 and 2nd date Feb 26. Everything was even so efficient, that during the first 2 weeks of February I got Feb 27 and March 27, but frankly I donīt know what fore.

So, last Sunday I drove in again in Holland, arranged the oil change on the boat, cleaned the fuel tank and filled up, took off the Furler cover from the Jib and I am checking every day something.

This morning I drove up to Den Helder, to check the entrance to the Marina of Den Helder and then, I drove to Ijmuiden, to check the entrance of Ijmuiden. Didnīt needed for! I know how to enter into a Port, but ti was the desperation to go, to leave and to continue looking for this world.

I have been obedient to Corona and donīt want to discuss, because I do respect the care for the others. Each and everyone of us with his own way of feeling and thinking, I donīt want to discuss. So pls, do not tell me I am wrong. If you think different, thatīs ok with me. I donīt expect from the world to accept all my thinking. I am far to wrong to think, my reality would be the worldīs truth. I do like to hear - but politely - other opinions. Opinions do enrich the discussion, when respectful.

But this is MY reality! It has been too long. I have been prived to long from nice girls walking the promenades, from other sailors sharing with me while a sausage from the grill and I have been missing too long my friends in other countries. Now, I have the vaccine, I wear the mask, I do respect the distance but please - you creeps who rule the world - open. Open the box of Pandora of this world, so we can continue to travel, to feel the wind and to enjoy the freedom of the sea...
Albinvega27 is offline   Reply With Quote