Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2019, 17:29   #31

Boat: Volkscruiser
Re: Navionics for ipad/iphone

My biggest problem with Navionics on the iPad is wrestling it of our kids when I want to check our position.
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 13:25   #32

Boat: 1998 Bayliner Avanti 3685 - 38' long

I downloaded Navionics Boating app onto my iPhone with the intention of also using it on the wife's iPad . . .. grrrr . . . won't work since her Apple Id is different than mine. So thought I'd go ahead and try and do some "dock to dock" routing just to play with it before I really needed to use it. Not bad overall but you can't save the routes . . . and using a phone like that is "finger-time-consuming" . . so, each time you want to consider a route, you have to put in the marinas (start and end) and hope that you word them properly. I was hoping for something a bit more like my Garmin 1042xsv, where I could save the routes and plan the whole trip in advance. Anything like that out there on the market for either iPad (non-cellular) or my MS Surface (Windows) laptop in the software market. I use a Targus display-link attached to the Surface so that I have additional USB ports, etc. Appreciate the help.
Dadrock33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 13:53   #33

Boat: 50’ Bavaria

Set up family sharing, so that your wife’s ID can use your apps.

Does Navionics listen to an XB8000 yet? I can’t see the point in it if it doesn’t.
Tillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:12   #34

Boat: 1998 Bayliner Avanti 3685 - 38' long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillsbury View Post
Set up family sharing, so that your wife’s ID can use your apps.

Does Navionics listen to an XB8000 yet? I can’t see the point in it if it doesn’t.
Yep, we did that too (added the family sharing) . . . all that comes up is the icon (app) for the Navionics program but it wants her to start using the 15 day free version, not the one I paid for initially.

The Vesper XB8000 is on the NEMA2K network so I don't see why it wouldn't pick up the GPS packages but I'm thinking the "packages" need to be "translated" once they are accepted by the computer and then by the software for any results to show on the display. . . . . does that sound right?
Dadrock33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:12   #35

Boat: Tayana 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadrock33 View Post
Yep, we did that too (added the family sharing) . . . all that comes up is the icon (app) for the Navionics program but it wants her to start using the 15 day free version, not the one I paid for initially.

The Vesper XB8000 is on the NEMA2K network so I don't see why it wouldn't pick up the GPS packages but I'm thinking the "packages" need to be "translated" once they are accepted by the computer and then by the software for any results to show on the display. . . . . does that sound right?
The XB8000 does not work with Navionics, but their website has a bunch of apps listed that will and WILL NOT not work with both Apple and Android devices: https://www2.vespermarine.com/third-party-apps

(maybe a Garmin thing with Vesper Marine...?)
1977 Tayana 37 #91 S/V Ramble On

www.svrambleon.com
thereefgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:13   #36

Boat: Nordhavn 47

If you haven’t already, try the “Restore Purchases” button under account—> Subscription after you log in and see if you can see your subscription.
jkleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:51   #37

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

We have updated to the latest AP on our dedicated IPAD. We can’t get charts for the Caribbean to download. 10, November

We’ve been users for three years now and are about to head to Trinidad. Very frustrating.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote