Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2022, 15:09   #1

Boat: 2006 Wauquiez PS 41
LNM Abbreviation Q

Thinking about a OUPV and as a precursor took a look at the LNM's for our local district. I have a Chart Kit and those haven't been updated for like 10 years. As I look at the notices they use a lot of abbreviations. I'm not near my rules handbook. Is it there that I would find a list of the abbreviations?

One local notice that I wanted to be sure of is that on Catalina Island, the list shows the West End Light to be LT EXT. Will that mean Light Extinguished? Let's assume that it does mean no light. Would a future addition of the LNM's list it's resumed operation or would there simply be no listing because the light is in its standard default operational mode? If that be the case how does one know to remove the correction?

Thanks for your help,

Kurt
Old 15-10-2022, 15:42   #2

Re: LNM Abbreviation Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayZee View Post
Thinking about a OUPV and as a precursor took a look at the LNM's for our local district. I have a Chart Kit and those haven't been updated for like 10 years. As I look at the notices they use a lot of abbreviations. I'm not near my rules handbook. Is it there that I would find a list of the abbreviations?

One local notice that I wanted to be sure of is that on Catalina Island, the list shows the West End Light to be LT EXT. Will that mean Light Extinguished? Let's assume that it does mean no light. Would a future addition of the LNM's list it's resumed operation or would there simply be no listing because the light is in its standard default operational mode? If that be the case how does one know to remove the correction?

Thanks for your help,

Kurt
LT EXT == Light Extinguished.

If you carefully look at the LNM in Section II Discrepancies, you will see it
Quote:
lists all reported and corrected discrepancies
Discrepancies are list in a section for corrected issues, and the date the issue was first, and last, reported in LNM is listed.
ItDepends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2022, 13:17   #3

Boat: 1999 Maxum 4100 SCA
Re: LNM Abbreviation Q

Looking at USCG District 7 (my local district) ... the LNM, pg 2 has a list of abbreviations.
PJHoffnet is offline   Reply With Quote