Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 15:46   #1

Boat: O'Day 302
Garmin 546 on binnacle

So, I have been looking for a chart plotter for my new to me O'day 302 and as usual spend forever trying to decide what to get. After comparing 1000 features online for what seems like weeks, I walked into the store and found a Garmin 546 that was in good shape (returned for a bigger model) and got a good deal on it. For once I decided I didn't need the best of the best and thought I had found a great unit at a great price and that I should be happy with it.

However, after getting home and once again looking online, I realized that a couple of people have written about the magnetic door that covers the SD card slot. So, I go and check mine and sure enough, there is a magnetic mechanism that keeps the card slot door closed.

My boat is a couple of hours away right now and I can't check, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience mounting this chart plotter on their binnacle and if it interfered with the compass?

Wondering if I should return it or not.
Mackaroni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garmin