Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 12:39   #1

the Barbara Ann

Hello everyone, searching for the owner of the Barbara Ann, hailing Port Kemah Texas. Currently mored in Boca ciega Bay Madeira Beach Florida. The boat dragged it's anchor & collided with my boat! Luckily I was paying attention and there was no damage. The anchor became fouled with my anchor in a thunderstorm so to keep the boats from damaging each other & at the same time rescue the Barbara Ann from certain death.. I rafted the two boats together in the storm which was no easy feat! Then then the next day the authorities were called and they brought out a salvage diver to dive on the anchors and untangle the mess. The authorities were going to impound the boat but after a little talking they decided to take the boat a little farther away and anchor it again. It seems as though when the owner dropped his anchor there was a concrete block on the anchor line? That block had slid down the anchor line and fouled the anchor. Salvage diver removed that concrete block and put one of my buoys on it so the owner could get it back. I'm not sure if it's just a cinder block or of something else that the owner wants. But hopefully the owner can find his boat because it's not where it was but they should be able to see it from where it was anchored. .. the owner is extremely lucky that I saved his boat. and at the very least I want to look him in the eye and tell him what happened so he'll understand so that it doesn't happen again and to make sure he gets a bigger anchor!! LOL
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote