Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2020, 17:51   #1

Registering a Zodiac in New York

Hi:
I bought a Zodiac from Defender in CT. I live in New York.
I submitted the forms to Motor Vehicle on line and they said that I did not have the Certificate of Origin. I have the paperwork that Zodiac gives to Defender. Motor Vehicle in New York said that this is no good.

Anybody in New York have success registering a Zodiac from anywhere in New York DMV. And what forms did you use?

Thanks
-joe
joeniver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 18:27   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 510
Re: Registering a Zodiac in New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeniver View Post
Hi:
I bought a Zodiac from Defender in CT. I live in New York.
I submitted the forms to Motor Vehicle on line and they said that I did not have the Certificate of Origin. I have the paperwork that Zodiac gives to Defender. Motor Vehicle in New York said that this is no good.

Anybody in New York have success registering a Zodiac from anywhere in New York DMV. And what forms did you use?

Thanks
-joe
I have done this. The paperwork that Defender gives you does not include the Certificate of Origin from Zodiac. You need to have Defender send you the CofO, since CT doesn't need that (or at least that's what Defender told me. It might have to do with Defender being a dealer and you register in CT through them). They should have it, but call ASAP before they lose it.
CaptNemoO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 16:51   #3

Re: Registering a Zodiac in New York

Thanks CaptnemoO2
joeniver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new york, zodiac