Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36   #1

Boat: Gib sea 43
Re: Watermaker output low??

The pipe run is very short, maybe 3 foot, i will give it a clean with the alkali then flush then acid and give it a longer run, not sure if the air is from the install as obviously there is air in the system at first but i waited till the pipes were fairly clear before measuring output. The 40e is a simple machine , all inbuilt, water in via filter water out reject and fresh water outlets no other pipework

If the pen is mightier than the sword, then my keyboard must be a nuclear missile!
stevensuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48   #2
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Re: Watermaker output low??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensuf View Post
The pipe run is very short, maybe 3 foot, i will give it a clean with the alkali then flush then acid and give it a longer run, not sure if the air is from the install as obviously there is air in the system at first but i waited till the pipes were fairly clear before measuring output. The 40e is a simple machine , all inbuilt, water in via filter water out reject and fresh water outlets no other pipework
Steven,

Our calls for not grabbing the chemicals (yet) is because they do actually harm the membrane. You only want to do that when you are sure it's needed. The better approaches to this have already been posted above so I won't repeat them here.

My membranes are now 9 years old and still good, but the only thing that really set them back in output quality is the one time I circulated the chemicals through them and I was sorry I ever did that.

ciao!
Nick.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watermaker