Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2017, 13:20   #1

Boat: Elan 434 Impression 2006
Spare Jabsco Pumpgard clear plastic covers?

With out fail, once a season the clear plastic cap on the Jabsco PumpGard in-line strainer cracks and lets air into the system (or, when it's really bad, let's water out)

I've run out of spares and even owe a couple of generous cruisers a replacement.

After searching the interwebs far I wide I have not found anywhere which sells only a replacement CLEAR PLASTIC COVER for the pumgard 36200 or 36400 series. I don't want to fork out for the whole strainer when I only need to replace one cheapo plastic part!

I assume the whole strainer construction was replaced by the 46400 series? (Which is more like a flat bowl shape)

Does anyone know where I can pick up spares of ONLY the clear plastic Pumpgard Cover?

Thanks!
mangojam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 13:33   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Wheeler Shipyard 83' ex USCG
Re: Spare Jabsco Pumpgard clear plastic covers?

The bowl part #44070-0000. A search for pumpguard 44070-0000 will get results. Maybe you need a better strainer.
Lepke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 19:56   #3

Boat: Elan 434 Impression 2006
Re: Spare Jabsco Pumpgard clear plastic covers?

Thanks Lepke! Wonderful! Thanks for the actual part number. Found it on marineoutfitters.ca for about 7CAD.

Yes maybe I need a completely different strainer. Not generally too happy with Jabsco. Seems like there is always that one part that was designed to fail. Do you have any suggestions?

These bowls always crack on the threads then creep up. I think it's the sudden pressure and vibration which takes its toll on the thin material. Am I the only one (or one of the few) with this issue? I only hand tighten them as much as is necessary to keep them from leaking or sucking air.

Thanks again!
mangojam42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jabsco