Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-08-2015, 07:29   #1

Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada in the summer and fall; Caribbean in winter and spring aboard Cat Tales.
Boat: FP Tobago 35 (and a H-21 SE)
Propane Gauge

My recent insurance survey suggests that a gauge should be installed on my propane system to assist in determining if the piping has any leaks. Sounds quite like a good idea.

I searched some catalogues, and there are gauges that are sold to be connected at the tank prior to the regulator. Some catalogues do not say what for, others say they assist in telling if the tank is empty or near-empty. Since they are on the high-pressure side of the regulator, can they assist in determining if there is a leak in the line?

Are there specific gauges to be permanently installed to monitor line leakage from time to time? Where are they installed? What pressure range is appropriate? Who sells them?

Is there a thread on this elsewhere?
Sonosailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane