Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2017, 20:19   #16

Boat: hunter 28, 1991, windswept
Re: Dometic A/C Compressor Locked

Try tapping on the high pressure switch as sometimes they get stuck after a high pressure event.
windsweptms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 14:53   #17

Boat: Chris Craft 38 Commander 1965

Ok thanks all for your suggestions. Turns out that the sea water pump did fail and that led to the shutdown initially. I tried to restart it after it shut down and I suppose that was too much for the system. Dometic tech support suggested it was the High Pressure Switch and to test it by jumping the wire that plug into the blade connectors on top of it. If the switch was bad unit should run. I tried that and sure enough it ran just fine.
So I ordered the part and when I came in I unscrewed the defective one and replaced it with a new one. Luckily Dometic had engineered for just just such a field repair by placing a schraeder (sic) in the mounting outlet and not more than a tiny puff of gas was lost in the change out.
Turns out I do not have the spare pump that I thought because I plugged in the "old" one and it did not run - not locked up but would not run with power.
Squanderbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 15:31   #18

Boat: 88 36' Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango51 View Post
I also have a dometic16k. First time display read locked it was clogged sea strainer. Which you already checked and cleaned. The second time after cleaning the sea strainer I left air between strainer and pump. Again read locked on display. If you need a marine tech i would recommend Andy
9548659654. He's very noligble and professional. I'm in north Miami. Good luck

Hi... we may be looking to install a Dometic 16,000. Would your tech be able to install it without the thousand dollar price tag?
flblowfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2017, 16:59   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by flblowfish View Post
Hi... we may be looking to install a Dometic 16,000. Would your tech be able to install it without the thousand dollar price tag?
He repaired an issue that no one else found. I installed both the 16btu and a 8 btu on my own. Don't know what he charges for a full installment. Call him and ask. My thoughts were run the electrical and plumbing and connect everything except the wires that go in the circuit board. Then get the technician and pay for that part alone. But I ended up wireing it to.
Mango51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 06:38   #20

Boat: 88 36' Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango51 View Post
He repaired an issue that no one else found. I installed both the 16btu and a 8 btu on my own. Don't know what he charges for a full installment. Call him and ask. My thoughts were run the electrical and plumbing and connect everything except the wires that go in the circuit board. Then get the technician and pay for that part alone. But I ended up wireing it to.

Thanks!
flblowfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compressor