Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2023, 08:41   #1

Amel float switch & bilge pump system

Hello Amel owners! It would be a service to the cruising community (and me) if you could provide information on your float switch and bilge pump system. I mean, photos and specifics.

I was mucking around in the bilge of a 52 and wish I had snapped photos of the diaphragm pump, etc. I know everything fails eventually. But when an Amel float switch fails there is no live wires in the bilge soup to destroy your through hulls, and the switch itself looks like something you could find anywhere for cheap. If you had an occasion to take one of the float switches apart, I'm very curious what the float and stick are made of.

If you have an opinion on how the system works, I'm all ears. Appreciate you!
LadyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bilge, bilge pump, loa, pump

Posting Rules