Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2014, 09:15   #16

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS
Re: Prop Antifouling Paint

I have used PropSpeed for the last two haulouts. Unfortunately, it doesn't last more than two years per application. At least it gives me that. My boat is in San Diego, with water temps in the low sixties, usually. I have also had the Pro-Line (Sherwin-Williams) Econea Zinc paint on the boat since last May. It is rated at double the econea as other zinc-based bottom paints. This paint has been selected by the US Navy for their ships here in San Diego. Because I'm in the trade, I was offered a free sample, then bought some more to double the coating on my hulls. I will be pulling out later this year to install some new electronics underwater, so I'll be able to offer more info (and pictures).
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 09:19   #17

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Painting Sail drives and Props for antifouling

Painting Sail drives and Props for antifouling

1) Painting Sail drives and Props with Interlux Primocon Underwater Metal Primer or Prime with Interlux Interprotect 2000E/2001E

Preparation

PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES: Sand with 80 grit paper. Wipe down acetone to remove sanding residue.

BARE METAL: Surface should be blasted or sanded to a bright metal. Remove all blasting/grinding/sanding residues with a clean air line and sweep with a clean brush or broom. (Vacuum clean for best results.) Wipe down acetone to remove sanding residue.

Method Apply a minimum of 3 coats of Primocon. Primocon may be applied directly to blasted or sanded metals if applied within 1 hour after blasting or sanding. If you decide to use Interlux Interprotect 2000E/2001E then just apply one coat

2) Painting Sail drives and Props with Interlux Trilux 33
Trilux 33 is tin-free antifouling paint, ideal for aluminum boats, outdrives, and outboards and underwater metals.
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anti-fouling