Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2018, 11:49   #1

USCG question data bank - searchable

Time to renew my CG license. As those of you who have these know, if at renewal time you haven't put in 365 documented days of service, they want you to complete an open book 'exercise'. Obscure, arguable questions on Rules of the Road, Navigation, and general Deck stuff. There are many websites with sample tests made up from the thousands of questions in the CG databank, but a much smaller number of sites where you can look up individual questions, with the answers the CG thinks are correct. Can any of you pros and semi pros out there suggest sites that will let me look up specific questions & Answers?
Thanks,
Jack
capnjack.morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2018, 12:05   #2
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Re: USCG question data bank - searchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnjack.morton View Post
Time to renew my CG license. As those of you who have these know, if at renewal time you haven't put in 365 documented days of service, they want you to complete an open book 'exercise'. Obscure, arguable questions on Rules of the Road, Navigation, and general Deck stuff. There are many websites with sample tests made up from the thousands of questions in the CG databank, but a much smaller number of sites where you can look up individual questions, with the answers the CG thinks are correct. Can any of you pros and semi pros out there suggest sites that will let me look up specific questions & Answers?
Thanks,
Jack
I renewed my ticket last time using the “Open Book” Test at a Maritime School.
It was easy, no sweat, done in a couple of hours, no preparation done, and no preparation needed.
Highly recommended.

Tags
arc