Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2015, 15:32   #16

Location: Plaza Ignacio Antonio Liaño, Numero Dos -Primero Izquierda,Rota 11520 (CADIZ) SPAIN
Send a message via Skype™ to Sailing4Jesus
Re: Carpet on power cruisers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
Carpet is far easier and less expensive to install than other flooring materials and it help deaden sound as well. Some people prefer carpet.

Teak and Holly would have been a $4K upgrade to my boat when it was built in 2000.
Note: You Sandcrabs need to learn that on Boats, Yachts, and Ships there are ZERO FLOORS. Boats, Yachts, and Ships have DECKS. But I suppose that Boat builders place carpet on the decks because it's too difficult getting it to stick to the overhead. Senior Chief, U.S.Navy, Retired
Sailing4Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 15:56   #17

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
Note: You Sandcrabs need to learn that on Boats, Yachts, and Ships there are ZERO FLOORS. Boats, Yachts, and Ships have DECKS. But I suppose that Boat builders place carpet on the decks because it's too difficult getting it to stick to the overhead. Senior Chief, U.S.Navy, Retired
Whatever dude.

It would have been nice if you could have added something useful to this thread instead of useless gibberish.
Old 17-02-2015, 17:11   #18

Boat: Pearson 365

Typical Navy Chief. I did my 4 years active and got out. Some people never move on and get a life. Old sailors on sail boats love to throw that nautical stuff out there too. Heck, his handle is even Senior chief. I guess mine could be Petty Officer. My 4 years were very hard and countless many sleepless nights were spent during the Arms build up years with Pres. Reagan. Not fun and I'd would rather forget those days. Sorry Chief, not impressed with Navy lingo.
Magnawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2015, 17:36   #19

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnawake View Post
Typical Navy Chief. I did my 4 years active and got out. Some people never move on and get a life. Old sailors on sail boats love to throw that nautical stuff out there too. Heck, his handle is even Senior chief. I guess mine could be Petty Officer. My 4 years were very hard and countless many sleepless nights were spent during the Arms build up years with Pres. Reagan. Not fun and I'd would rather forget those days. Sorry Chief, not impressed with Navy lingo.
Old 17-02-2015, 22:47   #20

I sure hope he was just trying to be funny. Otherwise, he's just a...
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 07:44   #21

Not sure why anyone's upset about correct language. We don't talk about kitchens and bathrooms on boats, do we? Personally I appreciate it when someone corrects my grammar.
Dukie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 09:09   #22

I call my boats kitchen a kitchen and the bathroom is a bathroom a so people dont confuse me with the type of boater that thinks they are special because they know the "proper" names for boat parts. I also have carpet on the floor as well as a thick insulation pad under it cuz i boat all year long in the pacific north west.ie cold.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
wellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 14:08   #23

I think most of the talk was about using carpet on the boat's sole and not on the decks. Just saying.
dlymn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser