Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2023, 01:24   #1

Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Where in Asia to get a survey

Sometime in the foreseeable future I am going to have to get my boat surveyed for my insurance company. It needs to be an out of the water survey, and the boat is a 38foot monohull. I'm thinking it needs to be Langkawi or Phuket. Are there any others in the region, and does anyone have any experience or recommendations for people to use or, just as importantly, to avoid.

Cheers
Dartmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2023, 02:58   #2

Boat: US$4,550 of lead under a GRP hull with cutter rig
Re: Where in Asia to get a survey

Pre-Covid, several surveyors were available in Langkawi, Malaysia. Not all were resident. Some just visited when a survey was needed but their more permanent base was elsewhere. That latter category included at least one resident in Singapore who was happy to travel to most any boatyard in Malaysia where a yacht could be hauled.

Singapore has several yacht surveyors. Look for firms with names including JM Marine, Singapore Yacht Surveyors, Yacht Surveyors Singapore, Alpha Marine Singapore. At least some of them, including JM Marine, would be willing to attend a yard in Malaysia.
Old 12-04-2024, 16:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmouth View Post
Sometime in the foreseeable future I am going to have to get my boat surveyed for my insurance company. It needs to be an out of the water survey, and the boat is a 38foot monohull. I'm thinking it needs to be Langkawi or Phuket. Are there any others in the region, and does anyone have any experience or recommendations for people to use or, just as importantly, to avoid.

Cheers
Hi Dartmouth,
I recently had a boat suveyed on Rebak Island near Langkawi.There is only one surveyor in Langkawi now his name is John and is very thorough and Rebak marina can hual out your boat and is very affordable.
If you need more info send me a message
Wallywalpumur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2024, 02:10   #4

Boat: Cabo Rico 38

Thanks for that. Reebak is where I was intending to go and have a haul out and a survey for my insurers before crossing the Indian ocean. Should be arriving July and will probably stay for around a month. Thanks again
Dartmouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Asia, survey