Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2013, 04:08   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
Thanking On iPad

Is there a way to thank someone for a post inside the iPad app?? I can't find it and exit the iPad app, login using a browser, fight the warning to use the app to thank someone...

It this feature does not exist, could it be added?

Thanks
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 05:40   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: Thanking On iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
Is there a way to thank someone for a post inside the iPad app?? I can't find it and exit the iPad app, login using a browser, fight the warning to use the app to thank someone...

It this feature does not exist, could it be added?

Thanks
No, and apparently No .

It is so easy to do this from the website though:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/
If it is bookmarked it is just one more click to get there compared to the app and the scope is far greater for lots of other features too.

I have given up on the app.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 05:44   #3

Quote:
It does not work on my Galaxy S3 either
beverley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 06:17   #4

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

I have to press multiple times for the Thank you comment box to pop up. Sometimes the box will disappear every time I type a letter, pull box back up the last letter is still there, so I type the next letter, comment box disappears again, and so on. Needless to say if I do comment about my thanks, it's short.

I'm on IPad 2
Old 24-08-2013, 06:37   #5

Boat: PETERSON 44
Rarely I use cf on a PC. Some where on the PC version there are comments that are like enjoyed your post or your an idiot please stuff your mifi up your nose and never post again. These comments are not available on the mobile version. Wish they were as I feel bad not responding back to every comment. Globally I will take this moment to thank you all.
For the comment about my foredeck fittings that's a bidet not a toilet. Duhhh.
Comment about falling on my head as a baby.
No I am actually employed as a moticon head banger. Every time you post that image of a head hitting a brick wall we need it to reproduce. It is not a endless supply of head banging into wall moticon .300,000 of us spend our days supplying the Internet with all the brick wall head banging moticons.
Could cf please have auto reply to all the extra message and comment things for my account.
It will say I am currently unavailable I just wrapped a crab pot around my rudder and am overboard at the moment. I understand you are thankful, pissed off. Want to be friends, or would like me dead. I appreciate your feelings and will agree with these sentiments in the near future.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 18:57   #6
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post

I have given up on the app.
From what I recall, you have sailed thousand of sea miles, worked in the Middle East, and you are GIVING UP.....

Seriously, could you present my humble supplications to a "higher authority" who may be willing to grant this supplication?

Either way no worries,

Cheers
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Old 24-08-2013, 19:17   #7

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:

From what I recall, you have sailed thousand of sea miles, worked in the Middle East, and you are GIVING UP.....

Seriously, could you present my humble supplications to a "higher authority" who may be willing to grant this supplication?

Either way no worries,

Cheers
Me too? I seriously want all of the liberties granted to those who use only the Internet. I would use the Internet version but I can't stand all of the ads, so I use the app, I think the app was free, but I would be willing to pay for it if it gave me full functionality and no ads. Just a thought.

Robyn
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 19:28   #8

Boat: Owner Builder

cruiser forum app not worth the trouble.
NEVER USE IT.
BriaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 19:31   #9

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaF View Post
cruiser forum app not worth the trouble.
NEVER USE IT.
That is one approach.
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 23:20   #10

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Quote:

Either way no worries,

Cheers
Thousands of sea miles - yes.
Worked in the Middle East - no (I have passed through a few airports in transit, does that count LOL?).
You must be thinking of Saucy Sailoress .

I will present your ever so humble supplications to the admin team (I have a long list of other things I would like to do from the app, so I will add this onto your request ). This issue has been raised before though without any success, so it can't be easy.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2013, 17:12   #11

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Thanks
Old 26-08-2013, 15:59   #12

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27

A number of features aren't available with the mobile app. Thanks, the ignore feature and many formatting options. While this can be frustrating it also keeps the app fast and light. Adding these features would slow it down and for dis-improve the browsing experience those on lean connections. Thanks for understanding

Community Rules | Advertise on Cruisers Forum
Contribute to Cruisers Wiki | Document your Adventures at Sail Blogs
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2013, 06:12   #13
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
A number of features aren't available with the mobile app. Thanks, the ignore feature and many formatting options. While this can be frustrating it also keeps the app fast and light. Adding these features would slow it down and for dis-improve the browsing experience those on lean connections. Thanks for understanding
Janet,

Thanks for taking the time to post such a detailed response. It tactfully explains why my request is not possible.

Cheers!

Tags
Ipad