Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2017, 21:26   #1

Yachtmaster Offshore available as crew for a few weeks in early May

Hi everyone,

I live just outside Washington D.C.,have a decent bit of sailing experience, and I am trying to work my way to a USCG captain's license thus looking to get more experience and days. Last year I successfully completed a 15 week Yachtmaster Offshore program in Gibraltar, and prior to that, I've sailed cruisers on the California coast out of SF Bay and down in the Caribbean in the Grenadines. Also have ASA certification up to Bareboat.

Looking to see if anybody needs crew for a couple of weeks in he beginning of May. Not looking to spend more than two weeks, but am fine paying for my own travel and food. Well-known for my positive attitude, sense of humor, and safety consciousness, I can get along with most people and don't mind a bit of hard work.

Send me a message if you need an extra hand on a passage or just want someone fun and friendly to sail with.

Cheers,

Eric
CaptainErk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 16:38   #2

Boat: Prout Quest 31
Re: Yachtmaster Offshore available as crew for a few weeks in early May

eric,

I could use your help sailing my Prout Quest 31 catamaran offshore from West Palm Beach north in the Gulf Stream. I have one other crew. I'd like to go all the way to Long Island departing around April 25 or soon thereafter. Planning on coming back inside the ICW at Morehead City NC and continuing inshore to Norfolk where there is easy transport. This may suit your schedule. Give me a call if interested and I can provide more details. Joe 484 888 5779
jvolpehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:53   #3

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Yachtmaster Offshore available as crew for a few weeks in early May

Hi Eric, is 2 weeks an absolute? I had been (until today) a crew lined up for an ARC USA passage from BVI to Bermuda, then after a few days, on to Annapolis. But that's likely to be spilling will into third week. I'm also in a time crunch (well, $ as well), but I could swing meeting up with the boat in Bermuda, if you were interested in just the BVI to Bermuda leg, which I do believe is 10-12 days, much more detail would follow, but wanted to at least inquire about this much. Thanks in adv. I can be replied PM or at email john at softgoods dot net a/o ph 317 698 2246
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, mast, offshore, yacht