Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2018, 14:31   #16

Boat: looking to buy my own 40 foot
Re: Center Cockpti boats like Amel Amramu or Beneteau Oceanis 44 CC

that sounds likke a nice boat!, I have never heard of a spa tub on a sailboat that isnt a mega yatch. I have looked at allot of hunter but only in the 40 foot range, I imagine they are nicer in a bigger size. I thought they were not as much of a blue water boat or a mass produced boat and not as well built as a amel but I am not expert, thats what I want is a boat withsolid rigging and quality in the critical stuff, kevelar sounds good, does that add strenth to the hull basically or how does it benifit you exactly, there is the obvious stuff but I am sure I dont understand it properly.you must have a lardge fresh water take/tanks for threr to be a tub .got any pics. what was the year ande model?
Lucas1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 15:11   #17

Boat: Hunter 50cc
Re: Center Cockpti boats like Amel Amramu or Beneteau Oceanis 44 CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas1983 View Post
that sounds likke a nice boat!, I have never heard of a spa tub on a sailboat that isnt a mega yatch. I have looked at allot of hunter but only in the 40 foot range, I imagine they are nicer in a bigger size. I thought they were not as much of a blue water boat or a mass produced boat and not as well built as a amel but I am not expert, thats what I want is a boat withsolid rigging and quality in the critical stuff, kevelar sounds good, does that add strenth to the hull basically or how does it benifit you exactly, there is the obvious stuff but I am sure I dont understand it properly.you must have a lardge fresh water take/tanks for threr to be a tub .got any pics. what was the year ande model?
There are not a lot of these boats. The 50cc was built specifically for single handing and circumnavigation. The smaller Hunter boats are good but not in the same class as the 50cc. I hired 2 professional sailors to help me get from Seattle to San Francisco in late October last year. 3 days we had 45 knots on the nose and 20 ft following seas. The two guys just couldn't believe how well the boat behaved. They said after the trip it was the most comfortable boat in those conditions they had ever been on. They also said they wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere. One has 30 k sailing hours and the other one 20k. Again this is a totally different kind of design from the Amel. Check out the blog my wife was doing. www.badrock.com go down the left menu and click on the sail boat. Also we are in a YouTube with some mountain bikers search "into the ride" Select the Pegasus video. They were with us for 5 days. My boat is a 2009. The design hasn't changed much since it's introduction in 2008. 40 gallon hot water tanks. 32 gal / hr water maker. 200 gal fresh water. 160 gal fuel. 110 hp turbo Yanmar. Less than 1 gal/hr at around 8 knts. 6 k generator. Washer/dryer. Lots of storage.
The Kevlar is specifically for hull strength in collisions. If you hit a submerged container you have a better chance of hull survival.
For the money you just can't beat this boat. Again just my opinion.
jackrabbit59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, boat, oceanis