Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 14:26   #1

Potty Option

I just saw a commercial on TV for this and thought it would be great for pets on a boat! It is marketed for dogs but my cats love to "go" in the grass so I think it might be good for cats as well. Here is the link:

https://www.pottypatch.com/ver10/index.asp

Just an idea!
BrightWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 14:56   #2
Eternal Member

Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Dang, I just saw the same commercial on the Food Network!!

My first response was "Well Great! What's that number?", my second response reminded me to remember the Ginzu Knives.

My last pooch, may he RIP totally ignored all efforts to teach him to do his business in a neat orderly manner, like on astroturf or my in-laws photos. (Silly fart even refused to flush the head). Eventually he established the pattern of dumping on the starboard deck and piddling on the port side deck. Don't ask, he would never explain to me.

Since I was forewarned on which side of the deck to go forward for anchor checks, and he seemed reasonably content, we left it at that.

If you do try this remarkable product, please, in all seriousness, let the rest of us know how it works. After all, I might need to go forward some night on the starboard deck.

Rich
cabo_sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 16:54   #3

Well, we don't even have a boat yet and all our pets are house broken. The cats just got switched over to a new kind of litter and box and the dog is quite happy asking to go out. So, at this point in time this is not something we need.

However, it had been suggested to me, or I read the suggestion to someone else on one of our sailing forums that a good way to handle potty issues is to put a piece of astroturf in the bottom of a litter box, tie them both to the boat, and train all the pets to use that. You can just dunk it over the side of the boat daily to wash it off. So, when I saw this, I immediately saw the correlation to the litter-less litterbox idea.

It sounds like you have a handle on potty training. I just hope that we can figure out some potty training that works to keep our pets from peeing inside the cabin! LOL
BrightWolf is offline   Reply With Quote