Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2015, 09:45   #31

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran
Re: Long haired dogs and warm climates

Ah, yes ! Good ol' Charlie !

Lots of country songs are based on the same tune.

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 13:06   #32
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)

Uneasy Rider is a different song that Long Haired Country Boy but I like them both.
Old 19-12-2015, 13:16   #33
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
C3po, thanks for the link. Although, how am I suppose to freeze that gallon jug? I know our freezer cannot make ice but it can keep ice. Further, that's only in dry 85f-90f, Mexico can be 90-100f with a ton of humidity.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
depending on where in mexico youplan on spending most time, climate varies much. in desert is worst, mazatlan has tropics and desert-- 120 and 90 percent. air conditioner in a marina. affordable for me.
winter mazatlan is cold desert nights warm comfy days. lowest temp i recorded there was 46 f. water is also cooler.

up sea of cortez baja is a peninsula of desert. across s0c from that is also desert. same as phoenix. water cold in winter. gets damncold up there.

south of mazatlan--la cruz de huanacaxtle, nayarit--i found summers 95f and 95 percent. winters comfy . water 78-95f.

barra de navidad summers 85-90f humidity 99900000percent. yes you read that right. winters, 85=78f with humidity 80-70 pecent. n ot bad. ocean water 90+f. lagoon water 100f. at present, year round. check for self in passage weather and wunderground sst graphics, if you disbelieve me. .

zihuat summers 90 winters 85
winter humidity 75 percent, summer i dunno as i wasnt there in summer. not a cane hole. water 85-90f
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2015, 13:28   #34

as for dog and temps--momma bred siberian hiskies many years, she relocated from st louis to phoenix aridzona, with her dogs. the dogs adapted to the move by losing their fur in manner they needed to lose it.. momma didnt shave em. they shed it off. each year they grew in less fur. they loved living UNDER the houses dad made for each of em with shade and comforts, which pissed him off--i remember that he called em ingrates on 4 legs.... and some other choice goodies..but the combination of cool dirt and deep shade insulated from any sun was enough to make em all smile. my black and white furry blue eyed siblings.
cherise, if you come here, do come to where i am and spend some time. in winter i anchor out, and summer i use marinas. this winter i will be in slip,hopefully in mazatlan, as boat is in dire need of repairs to spars asap.
in winter, weather is nice. that is why it is HIGH season. good weather. awesome. better closer to latitudes in teens.
winters are not marina times, and summers are not anchoring out times -- prices reflect this.
Old 20-12-2015, 12:17   #35

Boat: dinghies and monohulls small and large

Great breakdown Zee thanks! Girl you know I wanna come to Barra!!! Some good friends loved cruising the gold coast.

Thats a funny dog story. I come from a very non-handy family. My generous parents had a gorgeous insulated dog house made for my first collie (while living in Canada with cold, nasty winters and humid summers). You know the $500 kind (thats 1980s dollars!). She did not enter it once. We tried, she darted right out. Guess where she went? Under the deck.
Dogs are funny, I guess thats why we love our pets, so dearly.

Zee, side note. It sure sounds like you are in a great spot. I could totally justify slipping in the summer there just for use of the resort facilities. However, I emailed them for slip prices for a friend, they said $8.5/ft plus electric and taxes. $8.5/ft is about $.28/ft/d, but I've no clue what taxes and electric would come to. He is on a 40 Jeanneau, likes his ice maker and a/c. What's your guess?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Cherise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2015, 12:34   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
Great breakdown Zee thanks! Girl you know I wanna come to Barra!!! Some good friends loved cruising the gold coast.

Thats a funny dog story. I come from a very non-handy family. My generous parents had a gorgeous insulated dog house made for my first collie (while living in Canada with cold, nasty winters and humid summers). You know the $500 kind (thats 1980s dollars!). She did not enter it once. We tried, she darted right out. Guess where she went? Under the deck.
Dogs are funny, I guess thats why we love our pets, so dearly.

Zee, side note. It sure sounds like you are in a great spot. I could totally justify slipping in the summer there just for use of the resort facilities. However, I emailed them for slip prices for a friend, they said $8.5/ft plus electric and taxes. $8.5/ft is about $.28/ft/d, but I've no clue what taxes and electric would come to. He is on a 40 Jeanneau, likes his ice maker and a/c. What's your guess?

so far, with rent has been included electricity electricity. i only paid total 28 cts perfoot pr day per month only renta nada mas. is good here in summer--no snottys, an d no oops....rodl. awesome place. marina winter is unholy, however. lol
but, if i live thru this trip i will be in marina mazatlan at 24 cts// and plus electric in summer, is somehigher in winter--rates published on website, so is available. wifi better, but.......weather wetter spozedly in summer not anchor out weather in maz. boats deaded in past that way, not mine
but here is IT for storm hole.

many locales renta is able to be negotiated some.... just sayin....
Old 23-12-2015, 15:16   #37

Boat: dinghies and monohulls small and large

Thanks Zee, I will pass that on.

Cherise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogs