Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2008, 03:53   #1

Thumbs up its gotta be good for ya?

sailors-in-waiting here. working to retirement doesn't appeal/don't even know if we'll love cruising/but doing heaps of outdoor stuff still. wife & I mad-keen to try it on/slow right down/say goodbye to all the living on the land frustrations & sky-rocketing costs . see the rest of Noozie-land.
great site/learning heaps
richink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 04:16   #2

Hi and welcome...I sense frustration ?cruising is as much work as work....but a different life. The only advice that I can give ( there are many here that will give better) you can achieve the same freedom , land based. It is a choice to live a different life . Not and easier life.In my own situation it is the love of the sea. The love of travel. The love of possibility's that other forms of travel dont have. I am not even talking about going huge distances. The romanticism and the rigors are all both true...you will read much here.
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 09:10   #3

na this is definitely the next step together.....love the ocean/figure we'll love learning all the new stuff/sail only on the good days at first/appreciate there'll always be something to do on/to the boat. could take a year or 2 to get dis-entangled which may be the big frustration.
reading everything we can get our hands on & have been aboard a few cruising boats(4 sale) now & have been generously enlightened by couples who have been around the world. I've been chasing adventures all my life...be great to head out on this one together in this later part of our lives(my wife has taken to the mantra; adventure before dementia)
Old 21-05-2008, 22:56   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Rich,
Welcome aboard! I think you've made a good choice. Let us know in other threads if you have questions.
Kind Regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 16:03   #5

thanks skiprjohn....looking forward to engaging with many of you folks when we move into the practical ! funny how people come out of the woodwork....have met up with a guy who has built a steel launch & chartered it for 2 America's cups out here in NZ...he's dead keen to help us out with our dream(to happen!); obviously with a steel bent......