Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2011, 03:14   #1

Boat: 1983 Bristol 35.5 - "CAPRIOLE" Hull #123
Hi

G'morning,
I am brand new and don't really know how to blog so...feel free to help me out...
I am Robin Isaacson, wife of Larry Isaacson. We own a full-keel, Bristol 35.5 located near Annapolis. We live in Hummelstown, PA and our home was wiped out (according to FEMA) in TS Lee. When we settle, Larry & I are ready to move SOUTH where it is WARM. We're considering the Wilmington, NC area, Savannah, GA, St. Augustine, FL...maybe Tampa Bay.
Looking for wonderful sailing, deep enough drafts (6ft), used to the Chesapeake for the last 35 years so we love the idea of quiet anchorages...hoping to retire w/i next 5-10 years so would like quiet, stable community, w/i 30-45 min of population hub, with reasonable housing and slip rates. Any suggestions...I know, sounds like nirvana right? Am I asking for the sun, moon & stars?? Don't know & would love your ideas, experience & wisdom
Old 27-11-2011, 03:46   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Hi

Robin and Larry hi and welcome to CF

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 03:52   #3
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormSailer View Post
G'morning,
I am brand new and don't really know how to blog so...feel free to help me out...
I am Robin Isaacson, wife of Larry Isaacson. We own a full-keel, Bristol 35.5 located near Annapolis. We live in Hummelstown, PA and our home was wiped out (according to FEMA) in TS Lee. When we settle, Larry & I are ready to move SOUTH where it is WARM. We're considering the Wilmington, NC area, Savannah, GA, St. Augustine, FL...maybe Tampa Bay.
Looking for wonderful sailing, deep enough drafts (6ft), used to the Chesapeake for the last 35 years so we love the idea of quiet anchorages...hoping to retire w/i next 5-10 years so would like quiet, stable community, w/i 30-45 min of population hub, with reasonable housing and slip rates. Any suggestions...I know, sounds like nirvana right? Am I asking for the sun, moon & stars?? Don't know & would love your ideas, experience & wisdom
Oriental, NC... not a lot further down but a great little town...
www.towndock.net
As a matter of fact this may be of interest as an investment for later... not Oriental but may be a good deal... not really up on value in the US...

Wanted: Want Cruising Sailboat - Trade For Land In WhortonsvilleWant 40 plus foot sailboat, prefer full keel, no junk Hunters, Irwins or the like. Want to trade land - I have almost 2 acres unrestricted in Whortonsville, with small cabin type building, camper, new 3 bedroom septic system and 200 amp electric service. New water meter and waterline, large fenced garden, high speed internet, telephone and satellite TV. It is on a quiet dead end road - you can walk to 3 marinas. The property is surrounded by water, but not waterfront. $55,000 or trade for cruising sailboat. Call 757-773-9855.

Oh..... and before I forget....
Welcome to CF....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 03:54   #4

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

Welcome!
The Bristol 35.5 is one on my wish list. I've seen some for sale online and they look quite beautiful. Good luck in finding your new warm home.
Rhapsody-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 04:14   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Robin.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2011, 12:55   #6

Boat: 15 foot Canoe

Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you here and am sorry about your home. I'd suggest moving to Hawaii but the state is not boater friendly.
kind regards,
Old 27-11-2011, 13:46   #7

Boat: Pearson 422

Welcome to CF. We have some friends that relocated from Annapolis to Wilmington NC and love it. Fast growing area, lots of great neighborhoods, good prices, etc. They aren't boaters so can't speak to the slip prices. But a quick google search turned up several w/ good reviews.

Best of luck on the relo.
Paperbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 01:40   #8

Thank you. I am ready to take a leisurely trip down the coast and see what strikes our fancy. I could move anywhere warmer on water. Larry is seriously looking at the gulf coast of Florida. Anyone with cruising/slip experience want to comment.

I see you have a 42Pearson. Now that we've had our 35.5 Bristol for 2 years, I'm thinking 42-45 is a better size for live aboard lifestyle...
Old 14-12-2011, 01:53   #9

The Town Dock is a nice little local paper. Lots of reasonable waterfront homes. That's exactly what I was looking for...We probably never would have found this on our own.
Old 14-12-2011, 02:32   #10

Boat: Pearson 422

Stormsailer,

We've been very impressed w/ the Pearson. She's the 422 version with the large aft cabin and centerline queen berth. Still in the prep stages - you can get a sense of the project list from our website (sig line). But so far, we're very pleased.

Any advice on a visit to Oriental - places to stay, etc? We have a family wedding New Years Eve in Atlanta and are thinking about a swing over to the coast and a leisurely drive back north stopping at a couple towns along the way. Oriental is at the top of the list.

Thanks!
greg
Paperbird is offline   Reply With Quote