Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2016, 05:57   #1

Annapolis Boat Show: CF Roundup

Hello all,

I myself will be present at this years US Boat show Oct 6-10 at Annapolis. I wanted to get feedback on how some of you would feel about meeting for dinner and/or livations that Saturday evening. It would be great to put faces to names, shake hands, tell tales, etc.

Post comments, positive or otherwise freely. I personally would really enjoy taking an hour or two forging new relationships

Thanks

Adam
Jadam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:15   #2

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38
Re: Annapolis Boat Show: CF Roundup

I will be there as well. Would be glad to meet up. I plan on attending Friday and Saturday.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:20   #3

Great! I have also posted on the "general sailing." I will keep track of everyone throughout the next weeks to get an idea of who is wanting to meet up. At that point I will try to figure out a venue. Or if someone else familiar with the area has better ideas could also chime in. Thank you
Old 08-09-2016, 07:27   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadam79 View Post
Hello all,

I myself will be present at this years US Boat show Oct 6-10 at Annapolis. I wanted to get feedback on how some of you would feel about meeting for dinner and/or livations that Saturday evening. It would be great to put faces to names, shake hands, tell tales, etc.

Post comments, positive or otherwise freely. I personally would really enjoy taking an hour or two forging new relationships

Thanks

Adam
A regret I have from the last boat show....not allocating enough time to meet up for drinks at the end of the day. I was only there for the day because I was basically just passing thru on my way to Europe that evening....Sadly we had to pass on the invites....stupid me....won't make that mistake again.

Enjoy the show and your new friends.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:19   #5

Boat: Pearson 422

Our son Keith is a chef and runs a new restaurant at the City Dock, Harvest Wood Grill and Tap. Oyster raw bar, craft beers, all Chesapeake seafood. He grew up sailing and now has to watch from shore as his parents join the Bahamas migration each fall.

I'm sure he would welcome a bunch of storytelling CF'er's during the show. He might even be induced to set aside a couple of tables for meet-ups.
Paperbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:45   #6
cruiser

I'm interested in attending but haven't booked a room or flight. If anyone is lloing to share accomodations and expenses, please let me know.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:17   #7

Boat: None

We will be there, our third boat show in 12 months. We were disappointed in the St. Petersburg show, much less so with Strictly Sail Miami. Hoping that the hype over Annapolis isn't just hype, especially given how expensive the trip is. We love libations, so if a group meets up, we'll try to be there!
Caribbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:44   #8

Boat: Chesapeake Light Craft Passagemaker, Tyler Craft T42, and 9' RIB.

We will be there and are also trying to host a family at our marina too.

@Paperbird - I also know the new owners of MaGarveys tavern though long term high school contacts ( a plus of growing up near Annapolis ) so if not there, we might slip into MAg's or even the old Dockside as WCC uses that too.

We can also look at hosting in our clubhouse up in Pasadena.
Ramblingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:01   #9

Thank you everyone for the interest. It sounds like we will have a great time. I am also looking for lodging in the immediate area. My plan right now is to stay in NJ with a comrade from my Navy days.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:24   #10
DYD
Marine Service Provider

I believe you tried to contact me regarding an Annapolis - BVI delivery. Try mat@direct-yachts.com
Mat
DYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:25   #11
DYD
Marine Service Provider

Anyone out there available to voluntarily crew an Annapolis - BVI delivery ...... please email me: mat@direct-yachts.com
DYD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show