Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 02:06   #1

Aloha from Sunny Queensland

Hi All,

So nice to see so many sailing folks - this is such an informative forum. I joined today and have a feeling I'll be here for the rest of my natural days (if not actually on the water that is).

Looking forward to hopefully making some new friends & meeting more sailing folks

cheers,
Serena
Old 07-12-2011, 02:14   #2

Boat: Traditional 30
Re: Aloha from Sunny Queensland

Hi Serena. Its a great place. The Aussies here tend to be the noisy ones as usual, with the usual beer vs beer and baggin that redhead in canberra stuff. Occasionally we all talk boat stuff too hehe.Welcome aboard :-D
ozskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:17   #3
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Welcome aboard Serena, are you a born and bred banana bender or is Qld just your adopted state; either way you are welcome! Hope you enjoy your time on CF.
FWIW, I am an expat. BB.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:28   #4

Hi Ozskipper and Wotname - thanx for your welcomes

Oz - people are still bagging Kerry O'Brien since he left the 7.30 report? Who knew he was in Canberra these days. You've gotta watch those redheads.

Wot - I'm originally a Sandgroper - grew up in country WA. BananaLand is a temporary phase. Where were you from in Q?

cheers,
Serena
Old 07-12-2011, 02:46   #5

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'

Welcome aboard, Serena!
Waterway Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:17   #6

Boat: Duncanson 37

Ahoy, Im in Qld as well and new to this forum today. Heading for the Pacific in 30 months
southace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:47   #7
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Hi Ozskipper and Wotname - thanx for your welcomes

Oz - people are still bagging Kerry O'Brien since he left the 7.30 report? Who knew he was in Canberra these days. You've gotta watch those redheads.

Wot - I'm originally a Sandgroper - grew up in country WA. BananaLand is a temporary phase. Where were you from in Q?
cheers,
Serena
Born & bred in the Gold Coast Hinterland high up in the rainforest and worked in every town and small rural community from Coolangatta to Thursday Island and west to Charlelville and Mount Isa. I worked on a traveling staff for 7 years touring small Qld coastal and outback towns. I had a love affair with the top end of Cape York after living there for 2 years.

Moved to WA in the 90's for work and to discover true wild open spaces (and desert) but I have to say I am now over it but the mining boom sort of keeps me here a bit longer!
Qld - a dozen shades of green and one shade of brown; WA - a dozen shades of brown and one shade of green.

And you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southace View Post
Ahoy, Im in Qld as well and new to this forum today. Heading for the Pacific in 30 months
Welcome aboard Southace, aren't you already in the Pacific . Enjoy your time on CF.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:53   #8

No Im in central Qld! have to deal with two more wet seasons before I set sail again $$$$$
Old 07-12-2011, 05:02   #9

Thank you, Mike and southace -

ooh, exciting to be heading out across the Pacific! Where are you headed when you take off, southace?
Old 07-12-2011, 05:04   #10

Quote:
Thank you, Mike and southace -

ooh, exciting to be heading out across the Pacific! Where are you headed when you take off, southace?
New Cal and Fiji if all goes well $$$$$$$$$
Old 07-12-2011, 05:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Qld - a dozen shades of green and one shade of brown; WA - a dozen shades of brown and one shade of green. And you?
Heya Wot

Cape York must've been amazing. I'm currently on Q's Sunshiney Coast hinterland. Here until Feb-March then moving south to VIC. As for WA, I grew up in the bush about 200k SE of Perth. Dry hot summers, wild winters, crazy - loved it but there was no ocean. Sure, we had a boat. Just nowhere to float it!

Your doz shades of brown and/or green totally fit for WA & Qld. Have you spent time in NW WA in the Pilbara, Kimberley, etc? Utterly nutty up there, but beautiful.

Do you miss Q? I miss the wide WA blue skies and the sunsets!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:17   #12

Quote:
New Cal and Fiji if all goes well $$$$$$$$$
Ooooh, New Cal -- do you scuba southace? I've heard the marine life is incredible, watch out for the sea snakes tho!! What are you going to go out on to the Pac?

S
Old 07-12-2011, 05:22   #13

Quote:
Ooooh, New Cal -- do you scuba southace? I've heard the marine life is incredible, watch out for the sea snakes tho!! What are you going to go out on to the Pac?

S
yes I love to scuba Im not scared of much in the water ....even the Great whites!!! seen many of them from a cage!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:29   #14

Quote:
yes I love to scuba Im not scared of much in the water ....even the Great whites!!! seen many of them from a cage!
eek! I've seen reef sharks & white tips but nothing too scary. The occasional wobbygong *snort!* Would love to see some hammerheads one day ... but you know. I'm not in any rush for that LOL

Whatchya gonna be sailing on??

Nosy
of Qld
lol
Old 07-12-2011, 05:34   #15

Quote:
eek! I've seen reef sharks & white tips but nothing too scary. The occasional wobbygong *snort!* Would love to see some hammerheads one day ... but you know. I'm not in any rush for that LOL

Whatchya gonna be sailing on??

Nosy
of Qld
lol
I sail a 37ft Centre cockpit.....trying to work out the photos on here but I think that will have to wait till the next sunrise!

Tags
queensland