Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-11-2016, 17:07   #1

Boat: ALOHA 34 (10.4M)
ALOHA 34 Returned to the Pacific Ocean

Greetings All,

My username is ALOHA34Guy and I am an Australian powerboat driver who has "seen the light". So please be gentle as I feel my way around the genre', the forums and the east coast of OZ.
The real purpose of this introduction is to re-introduce an ALOHA34 build # 189 and HIN # 983631. This vessel was owned by Gary and Linda B, of Victoria BC, Canada who named her AMALTHEA.

This hardy vessel was widely reported LOST in the 2011 Cyclone YASI which struck north Queensland (AUS) and piled a lot of marina boats into a corner of the marina when the tsunami went up over the pontoon pylons and everything in the marine became mobile.
#189 finished on her side, resting on a pontoon above water level with severe paint and gel-coat damage but surprisingly no structural damage and no hull penetration. She went through an insurance process and then disappeared from the ocean for 4 years.

#189 was completely, expertly and perfectly returned to 100% seaworthy by a boat builder and shipwright who specializes in gel and fiberglass repair. I am so fortunate to have purchased #189 from him and have now registered and insured (a breeze) the vessel and she is now being prepared for an east coast major shakedown sail in May 2017. Prior to that, I will learn my craft locally from Townsville Breakwater Marina in the north QLD region.

So, finally #189 - AMALTHEA has been renamed "SV ELLI" on the bow it looks like "Elli" ... and she will become my home in January 2017. If anyone has contact with Gary and Linda - please inform them that AMALTHEA/ELLI is in very good hands and looks "perfect". I have their writings in my ship's log.
Cheers,
Mike Verney
Townsville, QLD
l.mikeverney@gmail.com
ALOHA34Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Pacific Ocean