Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 07:43   #1

Boat: Pearson 35 1971
Ahoy from Kentucky

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum but not new to sailing. I lived aboard and did a little cruising for a couple of years. Right now I have a 1971 Pearson 35 shoal draft w/ centerboard. My wife and I live in Kentucky and our boat Windshadow is in Ky lake. Some of my other boats were 1973 Morgan Classic 25 and an O'day 17 all great boats in their own way.
I wanted to let the sailors on here know that my wife and I plan on moving onto our boat full time soon and that we have a nice large historic house in western kentucky that we would be willing to trade for a bluewater cruiser liveaboard boat. We can sell the house and buy a larger boat but we are interested in finding a boat that a cruising couple is retiring from and letting them have our house and the Pearson 35 if possible. I guess we want to get a boat that someone is attached to and carrying on the journey where they left off.
If you know anyone interested in anything like this feel free to call me at 270-8395817,my name is Allen, Thanks
JohnGaltJr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:54   #2

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Welcome,
Your in the right place, there are a bunch of great folks here that will be able to steer in a good direction.
Good luck on your search,
Erika
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:39   #3

I love your username Very apt for a live-aboard getting away from the world.
bencoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2009, 13:34   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Allen,
Welcome aboard! I don't know anyone who would want to do a trade but I've been looking at homes in your general area on the internet. The wife and I kind of like the Paducah area (just by what we see on the web). I also shop craigslist.com for boats on the Kentucky Lakes.
My in laws live in Lexington and my aunt and uncle used to live in Owensboro.
If my boat were further along I'd consider a trade but it needs at least another six months of hard labor.
Hope you can find a trade.
Kind regards,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 20:11   #5

Boat: Pearson 35 1971
you can't ever tell

If you think you might be interested in the house let me know, I'm always open to creative solutions. With the way this old world seems to be going all I really care about is trading value for value that benefits mutually both parties. I have worked on boats and done construction for many years. I appreciate your well wishing and know everything is going to work out just the way it should. By the way my wife used to live in Hawaii and went to Radford High , class of 74.
Shaka Bra! Allen
JohnGaltJr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 12:34   #6

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha Allen,
Radford High was just down the road from where I was stationed at Pearl Harbor. In '74 I was in Germany. Good to hear of another sailor feeling that "whatever should be, will be."
I'd like to hear more about your home for sale so will PM you.
Ahui ho,
JohnL
SkiprJohn is offline   Reply With Quote