Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2005, 22:07   #1

Question aDVISE

I am new to cruising but have spent my life in boats, first power boats growing up then sailboats cruising and racing as I grew up. I am now mid- fifties have had some physical problems (hips)fixed and would like to capture my dream of cruising. I live in Redondo Beach,CA but am a member of the Hawaii YC (I ived there for
1-1/2 years) I would like to get some opinions on what I might buy for a sailboat for cruising. I would like room (perhaps 40" range),capability forsinglehanding .... my significant other is not an experienced sailor although I have friends who can help on various legs with experience. I have had thoughts of a center cockpit Hunter 42 but don't know the pluses and minuses of CC versus rear cockpit and various companies.... I know Passports are a proven but am not sure I can afford a larger classic. Don't want to inherit someone's older problems although I am very good at fixing things (engineer) ... so am thinking less than ten years old.....help me get started
oceaneyestoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2005, 07:50   #2

Boat: currently "on the beach"
welcome - you will find if you check my threads that i am working on the same question. there are many on this site that will offer sound advise. you will need to set a budget. i am looking at aft cabin specifically for live aboard. for weekend cruising i would stay with aft cockpit, all lines led aft, assuming a V berth works for you. capt lar
capt lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2005, 10:17   #3

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
"finding a boat"

This topic has come up so many times that there is an archive full of good info. If you goto the SEARCH button above and type in the words above in bold, you will have loads of info.

Good hunting..................................._/)
delmarrey is offline   Reply With Quote