Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 10:54   #1

Boat: Riviera 35
Where to Go - Part Umpteenth

Some months ago, you may remember we had a few threads on where to go in the event of global economic meltdown. Sorta "How and where can I survive on my boat?"

At the time, while debating it as a serious issue, and considering provisioning, maintenance needs, water-makers and the like, there was nonetheless an element of "It's an interesting subject, but it will never happen to me" thinking.

Having been brought up in London, and presently moored a few miles outside, I have a sorta feeling, that I should re-read those threads.

The speed with which Law and Order broke down in the predominantly immigrant areas of London in the last few days, triggered (if you will excuse the pun) by the police shooting a black lad, has been absolutely staggering. The lack of forceful prevention and the apparent (I emphasise: Apparent) inability of the police to stop the rioting and looting, and burning of buildings and cars, does make one wonder whether our previous posts were more than a bit of crystal ball gazeing?

I am not a doomsday merchant or anything of the sort, but with the move in the markets and general economic situation, having a bolt hole to "get away to" might be a kinda good idea.

What I was thinking, was that if all of us on Cruisers put our spare cash together, then perhaps we could buy a place to go. Somewhere with gorgeous sailing waters, no severe tides, nice local people, and so on. Maybe the Greek Islands?
A reasonable person, accepts the Status Quo. An unreasonable person, wants to change it. All progress is therefore made by unreasonable people. Me, I'm just apathetic about the status quo. I think we want it back.
MoonlightShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 15:14   #2

Re: Where to Go - Part Umpteenth

Or Here?
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...age-74747.html
Noname is offline   Reply With Quote