Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2015, 20:36   #1

Linen for beds

Where's the best place to buy sheets for the beds?
huss9078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 21:03   #2

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Re: Linen for beds

You can just used regular sheets, sized large enough for the bottom cushion(s) on your primary bunk(s). And the only "trick" is to buy a few sets of sheet stays, so that you can "tune" your sheets to fit snugly.

Ah, that, & to make sure that you have a good moisture management system... for the bunks & cushions, as well as the boat, given condensation levels underneath of bunks when the weather's cool to cold.

PS: I forgot to add that you may want to try out something with a bit of a synthetic blend(ed with cotton). As salt's damn near impossible to get out of things, especially if you live aboard. And once it's in sheets, given it's nature (hydrophilic), they'll almost always feel a tiny bit damp & cool, on all but the hottest, driest days... even in spots like SoCal. - Just a "think".

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 21:11   #3

Same place I buy my home linen. Bass-Pro shop.

Preferably camouflage. Not because I need to hide in bed, I just like camouflage.

Like Uncivilized said. Regular sheets are all you need. Whether your preference is Egyptian Cotton, Wal-Mart or camouflage.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 21:38   #4

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyVan View Post
Preferably camouflage. Not because I need to hide in bed, I just like camouflage.
I don't think that would work for me...unless they were pink sheets... or maybe tan with pink bits.

But ditto here.. standard linen sheets, handy if cut down to size and resewn if used in v-berths, quarter berths, etc

Tags
bed