Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2021, 09:48   #1

Boat: Island Packet, Packet Cat 35
FREE Kindle books

A lot of us like to read and while I grew up with real books I embraced the Kindle a long time ago. It does only one thing but it does it so very well and with a waterproof version, perfect. What would make this better is if I could share my library with friends like I do with real books.

I signed up for something called Book Bub. Essentially you fill out a preference form and they send you daily book recommendations that are available on Amazon. The thing I like and use the most is "buying" all the free books. Building quite a library of new authors etc. to read when I take off this fall.

I have no affiliation with any of this, monetary or otherwise.
Cpt Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 11:43   #2

Re: FREE Kindle books

I have also a Kindle Oasis, but I only ever bought a hand full of books. I manage my Library with Calibre and convert Epubs etc to the azw-format on my computer and put them on the kindle via USB-cable. Easy to share books without or a removed signature.

There are a few good resources with free classics (eg Project Gutenberg) and if you look for it other stuff too.
Joh.Ghurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 11:53   #3

FREE Kindle books

I use Overdrive and Libby on my kindle to read library books. In my area anyway there are 3 different library systems we can borrow from, as well as the NYC public library (I live no where near the city). Selection varies but is pretty good for older books. Hit or miss for new releases. Our local library is pretty good at getting requests for you though.
dreadpiratk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2021, 12:04   #4

2nd the suggestion for the public library option.
TravelinLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2022, 16:36   #5

My son gifted us (my wife and I) a Kindle reader several years ago. Tried it, but quickly tired of seeing all the Amazon adds. So, I purchased a Samsung Tab S3 from which I can read all my Kindle books, plus I have loaded OpenCpn and other favorite software.
desertsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books