Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2015, 15:39   #1

Easing into liveaboard

My new bride and I are going to ease into the liveaboard life over the next few years. What do I mean by that? Well I have a career that allows me to live wherever I want so long as I have a decent sized airport to fly in/out of (consultant). However she has three kids and we will be keeping a small home/townhouse base for "family roots". So I am looking at marina's within a 6-8 hour drive from Atlanta. She prefers going south versus east (Gulf/Florida instead of NC/SC).

We would live on the boat for a month or two at a time and then head back to Atlanta. What marina's would you recommend and why? We are open to both east and west coast of Florida.

If I do have to travel while living aboard for work I want a place that will be safe for her alone on the boat and provide some activities in/near the marina.

One area we are looking at is Port Charlotte, we are probably going down there for spring break to look around.
Boathooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 16:58   #2

Boat: Seawind - 1160
Re: Easing into liveaboard

Look at Vero Beach FL Great cruising community and plenty of things to do.

Second choice would be St Augustine.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Double-Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 17:18   #3

Re: Easing into liveaboard

Thank you Double-Wide! St. Augustine is also on the short list for a variety of reasons, including family local to the area.
Boathooked is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard