Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2010, 20:44   #1

Looking to Charter Sailboat for Four Months - Miami, FL

Hello there,

My wife and I are making a temporary move to Miami, where I'll be working as a kiteboarding instructor and small motorboat captain for a touring company. We'll be there January - April 2011. We love sailing, but have not yet purchased our own boat. Does anyone know if it's possible to charter/rent a sailboat for a 4 month term (and live aboard)?

Anyone in the Miami, FL area looking to get some income from their sailboat? We'd love to rent it for the time period above! We're looking for something in the 35-45' range, must have a slip. We're looking to pay about $1000/mo (+/-).
alanvaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 21:27   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanvaughn View Post
Hello there,

My wife and I are making a temporary move to Miami, where I'll be working as a kiteboarding instructor and small motorboat captain for a touring company. We'll be there January - April 2011. We love sailing, but have not yet purchased our own boat. Does anyone know if it's possible to charter/rent a sailboat for a 4 month term (and live aboard)?

Anyone in the Miami, FL area looking to get some income from their sailboat? We'd love to rent it for the time period above! We're looking for something in the 35-45' range, must have a slip. We're looking to pay about $1000/mo (+/-).
I can understand why there are no other replies here. You're expecting a lot for someone to lease their 35' - 45' yacht to you for $1000 a month. If I could do that I wouldnt need to ever own a yacht. I dont think anyone would buy one if they could lease it for so little. My yacht's not in your region, but if I were to ever consider leasing it, I would'nt be even considering it for less than $1000 per week, in fact thats nowhere near enough.
Swanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2014, 11:32   #3

Boat: DUFOUR 12000 CT - 45' - SANS SOUCI
Re: Looking to Charter Sailboat for Four Months - Miami, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanvaughn View Post
Hello there,

Boat Value: !00,000 - interest @6% = $500/month
Boat Slip Cost: = $500/month
Boat Maintenance:
Boat Insurance:
WHERE IS THE INCENTIVE?
sanssouci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miami