Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2016, 12:59   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Charter agreement or not ?

Hi guys....

The dream or more likely the plan, is to buy a cat (the new fountaine pajot 47 looks very exiting), and sail/enjoy life as much as possible.

Right now my/our life is at a stage where this i not possible. To many balls in the air. But hopefully that will change, and a plan has been set i motion to chance this in the course of the next 5-7 years.

Then I stumble across what many companies refer to as a partnership deal.
I but the boat for 55 % of the initial cost. The charter company buys the rest (45%).
For this they get to charter my boat out as much as they possible can, but are also paying for ALL expenses. I get to use the boat, normally 12 weeks a year.

After the agreed period...normally 5-6 years. The boat is mine to keep, for no ekstra costs.

MY question to you is...does any of you have experience with making a charter agreement for a 5-6 year period ? Is the boat worthless ones you "get i back" ?

As you probably figured out, my plan is not to sell the boat afterwards. But use it as much as possible, which will hopefully be full time for a 3-4 year period.

But this solution seems perfect for me right now. I get a boat for almost half price, get to use it 3 montsh a year and the agreement I enter with the given charter company will end when I am ready to jump on the boat fulltime.

Is this a bad deal ? Anyone out there with experience to hear from you.
Pjoke is offline   Reply With Quote

charter, men

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Charter Agreement alex_sauvage Europe & Mediterranean 29 18-02-2013 18:26
Charter Agreement off-the-grid Boat Ownership & Making a Living 3 30-05-2012 11:29
Crew Agreement Example osirissail Rules of the Road, Regulations & Red Tape 18 18-10-2009 06:39
need purchase and sales agreement witzgall Monohull Sailboats 2 31-10-2007 00:39

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 17:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.