Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2016, 12:59   #1

Charter agreement or not ?

Hi guys....

The dream or more likely the plan, is to buy a cat (the new fountaine pajot 47 looks very exiting), and sail/enjoy life as much as possible.

Right now my/our life is at a stage where this i not possible. To many balls in the air. But hopefully that will change, and a plan has been set i motion to chance this in the course of the next 5-7 years.

Then I stumble across what many companies refer to as a partnership deal.
I but the boat for 55 % of the initial cost. The charter company buys the rest (45%).
For this they get to charter my boat out as much as they possible can, but are also paying for ALL expenses. I get to use the boat, normally 12 weeks a year.

After the agreed period...normally 5-6 years. The boat is mine to keep, for no ekstra costs.

MY question to you is...does any of you have experience with making a charter agreement for a 5-6 year period ? Is the boat worthless ones you "get i back" ?

As you probably figured out, my plan is not to sell the boat afterwards. But use it as much as possible, which will hopefully be full time for a 3-4 year period.

But this solution seems perfect for me right now. I get a boat for almost half price, get to use it 3 montsh a year and the agreement I enter with the given charter company will end when I am ready to jump on the boat fulltime.

Is this a bad deal ? Anyone out there with experience here....love to hear from you.
Pjoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, men