Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2019, 10:25   #1
Marine Service Provider

Are Brokers Allowed?

Good afternoon. I am a solo sailor, a boater, have been a Live-Aboard and have done several deliveries, including cross Caribbean and Great lakes. I also worked for West Marine in Ontario Canada for 7 years before they pulled up stakes and left.
I am almost none of that now, thanks to a widow-maker heart attack. A defibrillator implant and a stern lecture from my cardiologist in front of my wife (!) told me so.
(A-hole!)
But I still get to play with boats and thanks to my extensive knowledge in sailboats I head up our Brokerage's Sailboat arm, with the occasional power boat thrown in.
What I'm asking is am I allowed or encouraged to let you know when we get something unique in that I think would make a good live-aboard for anyone looking for one? I routinely log in here, plus a Live-Aboard Forum as well as a Trawler Forum to stay sharp and continue to learn, and my clients benefit from things I learn here that I pass along, while encouraging them to join. And the wealth of knowledge you all have and share is impressive.
But Yachtworld and other sites we use limit what people see and are heavily user specific.
I take my role very seriously, this is not a part-time gig for me. Sellers have entrusted me to sell their babies, sometimes reluctantly, and I do my best to do that. We are a small brokerage so it's not like I've got dozens of niche boats and would inundate posts. Probably only a couple/three times a year.
Thanking you all in advance. I did read the rules but couldn't find anything that specifically ruled me out.
Piratenorm is offline   Reply With Quote