Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2017, 20:03   #16
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36
Re: Seeking Sailboat in South Texas

Thanks so much. Sorry to read about this. I'm now a Texas transplant in Georgia and dockmaster (and liveaboard) here at Brunswick Landing Marina. No shortage of challenges operating a marina, for sure. I'm really sorry to see that Texas has become a tough place to live aboard your boat, but with that comes the responsibility to maintain the boat.

We spent the winter of 2014 at Harbor Walk marina in Hitchcock (Galveston), and summer of 2015 at Harbor Walk in Rockport, Tx. Nice marinas, but we were kind of under the radar with a friends recommendation.

Ralph
Old 14-06-2017, 06:19   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailjumanji View Post
I don't agree with this.
That's funny... I relate my personal experience and you don't agree with it. Gotta laugh at that one.
Old 14-06-2017, 09:16   #18

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by leboyd View Post
That's funny... I relate my personal experience and you don't agree with it. Gotta laugh at that one.
Yep, you're right - I apologize. I misread it thinking you were saying don't go offshore, because hazards are too great. We make the Texas coastal run with just the two of us. Louisiana, there are areas we won't do in the dark. They have lots of platforms.
Old 14-06-2017, 09:27   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailjumanji View Post
Yep, you're right - I apologize. I misread it thinking you were saying don't go offshore, because hazards are too great. We make the Texas coastal run with just the two of us. Louisiana, there are areas we won't do in the dark. They have lots of platforms.
No problem. I was just trying to outline what I consider the most worrisome issue of going offshore on that sail. I would choose offshore over ICW every time I have the crew to do it as I described. Personally, I wouldn't do it without someone on watch and someone at the helm. Unfortunately, it only takes one of those structures to ruin what would have been a nice sail. It's unfortunate that they're out there and require special attention.
Closed Thread

Tags
boat, sail, sailboat, texas