Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2015, 11:31   #1

2- PUR35 Powersurvivor Watermakers for sale

I have 2 PUR 35 water makers for sale. I had been using one of these onboard for the last 2-1/2 years. It made good water but started to leak in one spot and got worse over the months but it still produced good freshwater. I had a second one that I owned for backup and I sent them both in to the factory to have one completely rebuilt. Just having them inspected was $175 each plus $50 shipping. I wanted to get one of them all gone over and then sell it as I want to get a larger unit. I chose my backup unit to have inspected and it came through looking good except the tech said it could use a new piston which was cheap but they no longer made them exactly the same on the newest units. I asked him to pull the one we had been using apart and use that piston and he said that they would not do that as they only installed new parts and pulling the other one apart just to inspect the piston was another $175. Well because of the price I was hoping to sell them for was now being eaten up on inspection and shipping fees I just asked him to send them back. If any of you are good with your hands and want to take these two apart and make one good one then it would be a great fit. I just had purchased a brand new membrane for around $350 so you know you will be good to go on that end. Both pump units pump the right amount of water so no issues there. Some internal o rings might have to be changed. I have the full instruction kit including the ss hand pump.
If I could recover the cost of the new membrane plus $300 for both watermakers then I'd be happy that a cruiser that was handy and on a tight budget would come out way ahead on this when he was finished. Shipping would add another $50 to anywhere in the USA. I have them on Ebay right now.

Tags
for sale, sale, water, watermaker