Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2022, 11:47   #1

Korfu Airport to Gouvia Marina - which bus to take?

Hi folks,

we'll arrive next Saturday at Korfu Airport (about 11 a.m.) and would like to take a bus to the Marina Gouvia to take over our chartered Yacht for the next two weeks.
Is there anybody who can tell us which bus no. we've to take and where we can find it?

Cheers
Dirk
Dirk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2022, 15:34   #2

Boat: Sceptre 41
Re: Korfu Airport to Gouvia Marina - which bus to take?

I suggest you ask here:
https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum...n_Islands.html
sv_pelagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2022, 17:38   #3

It takes two buses, #15 from airport to town and then #7 from town to Gouvia.

https://www.astikoktelkerkyras.gr/it...weg-40407.html.

City bus stop is at Terminal A. https://www.cfu-airport.gr/en/catego...530/nd_id-1589

https://www.astikoktelkerkyras.gr/indexeg.php?cat=28801

More convenient is probably to book a shuttle, cost should not be great.
HeywoodJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2022, 21:58   #4

Boat: SY Wake: 53' Amel Super Maramu

I wouldn't bother, especially if you have a couple of bags and people... I spent 2 winters in Corfu onboard (Mandraki Port Corfu), I could walk to the airport from the center. A cab won't cost you more than 15 bucks plus a buck a bag and take 20 min to Gouvia tops. There are heaps at the airport to meet each flight. A lot less hassle IMHO. Protip: Gouvia bars are very nice but if you walk up the entrance road to the little village, right there is a taverna. After 4 years we still reminisce about the HUGE inexpensive portions of INCREDIBLE food (esp the zuchinni fritters, kolokithokefthedes). Taverna Zorbas. I'd fly back to chow down there If you like Indian food, there is a little gaudy tourist strip on the road to the west of the bay as well, easy walk. Red Chilli is the name. Baller

One more gouvia thing: When you're leaving gouvia, for gods sake stay within the marked channel and the dogleg, dozens of dummies run aground trying to cut the corner in or out. The depth there is less than a meter for most of it.
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2022, 12:02   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
if you walk up the entrance road to the little village, right there is a taverna. After 4 years we still reminisce about the HUGE inexpensive portions of INCREDIBLE food (esp the zuchinni fritters, kolokithokefthedes). Taverna Zorbas. I'd fly back to chow down there
If you do go to Zorba's remember that the portions are HUGE!
And if the waiter says "You do know that is big?" then you are heading for trouble...
We ordered two "mixed grills" and neither of us got more than half way through it.

To go back to the original question: it is only 15 minutes drive by taxi from the airport to the marina and it would take you that long to walk from the bus stop in the village to the marina especially trundling bags.

If you do decide to take the buses, then you have to buy tokens before boarding the bus.

When provisioning your boat, there is a small supermarket in the marina but it is expensive. There is a larger A&B supermarket in the village ( take the road to the village, turn right at the end and cross the main road at the lights and it is to your right) which is decidedly cheaper.

I'm due to reach Gouvia on 22nd October (dropping off a one way charter) and flying home the next day, so will probably miss bumping into you by a day or so.

I hope you have a good trip!
Goodall_M1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 22:33   #6

Many Thx to all of you.

We took the bus(es) for the marina. It wasn't a hassle. It's part of the trip
We provisioned at the mentioned cheaper A&B supermarket. You can take the cart with you to the marina and do not have to bring it back. Just left it at the pier (on the road, not the pontoon in front of your boat). They'll collect them as a special service. Give them a tip by putting a Euro into the cart

The way back to the airport we'll take a taxi (in the early morning that is much easier and more safe to get the plane back home).

Again - thx for the hints. Helped us A LOT.

P.S.: We didn't cut the corner. It's clearly shown in the charts that it is to shallow even for a catamaran. How stupid can you be? Nevertheless, thx for this hint also. Better to say something twice than to get into trouble.

Cheers
Dirk

Closed this post for me
Dirk01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport