Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2015, 08:42   #1

Beatles now on iTunes and Spotify....

Sort of a Christmas present for us old, grey, guys but the controlling parties of the Beatles music library finally saw fit to make this music streamable. AFAIK, it as been Yoko Ono that has kept this from happening previously so I guess someone finally convinced her.

Merry Christmas,
Doug
dwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 09:38   #2
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Re: Beatles now on iTunes and Spotify....

If you haven't long ago ripped all your Beatles music to .mp3 files, you ain't a true fan, IMHO.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2015, 10:41   #3

LOL, I have about 500MB of music on my home server. Almost all of it came from CD's I own including every Beatle and Hendrix thing ever published. Howver, having it on Spotify makes it nice when I am in school. I stream music in my classroom during work sessions. I have a lot of kids converted to Stones and Beatles. Hendrix is an instant hit with the hard rock/metal crowd, they have just never heard it. Among the many other things I have done, I played in rock bands almost my entire life and still do. Music is a huge part of my life. I can go from Merle to Metallica and love it all. I also play in a little 5 piece ancient country band from time, meaning both the music and the musicians are ancient. At least it gave me an excuse to buy a nice Tele.

Rock On and Merry Christmas,
Doug
dwoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 07:53   #4

" I have a lot of kids converted to Stones and Beatles."

If you ever get the chance, play the stuff from the 60's and into the 70's, on mono vinyl through a high quality mono valve amp.

Nearly all the recordings were designed for mono, and the difference is astonishing.

A Beatles track that really highlights this, is "She's a Woman" (the flip side of "I Feel Fine").

Must admit I always preferred the Kinks (the best band I ever saw live, and I have seen a lot of bands, even better than the Stones and Who, which was quite a shock).

Ribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2015, 08:15   #5

Seems a lot of Americans may not have even heard of a fair few Kinks numbers, due to the Musicians Union ban on them being able to play in America, etc.

So as this one was definitely affected, it's worth a link on its own

Ribbit is offline   Reply With Quote